NFL's Greatest Games: 1999: Packers @ 49ers

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by HailttRedskins, Sep 13, 2007.

1. HailttRedskins

HailttRedskins I Still Say Redskins

From 1999: Green Bay at San Fransisco in an NFC Wild Card game. The 'Niners rallied for a 30-27 Victory on Steve Young's 25 yard TD pass to Terrell Owens with eight seconds left. Young finished with 3 TD passes, while Brett Favre threw for 292 yards and two scores.

This game will be shown on ESPN2 at 7pm tonight EST time.

2. Packman V2

Packman V2 NFL-Fans IWOP Emeritus

Greatest game? It would be except for the horrendous call that really set up the finish.

But they never show that, just the TO catch. Grrr....

3. HailttRedskins

Wait, what happened, I should be able to watch it, unless that part interferes with the Maryland game.

4. Packman V2

Packman V2 NFL-Fans IWOP Emeritus

That was the game that Jerry Rice fumbled the ball away and we recovered, but they reversed the call calling it an INC pass or down by contact, I don't remember which. So instead of having the game won which we did, they were able to go ahead and score the winning TD. Yeah, I'm still bitter. :newlaugh:

5. P16

P16 posting while intoxicated

Great game, I still remember watching TO catch that live. After that catch it was pretty evident TO was going to dominate eventually. Too bad he turned into an ego maniacal pr**k.

6. Platoon 86

Platoon 86 Loony

They showing the entire game or just parts of it?

7. HailttRedskins

It's only 90min, so I'm not 100% sure if its going to be highlights, or they're cutting out the commercials, so I'm not 100% sure.

8. Platoon 86

Platoon 86 Loony

I'll check it out.

9. truelife

truelife 6-0 is our goal

was a great game and the rice so called fumble hardly makes up for all the botched calls in alot of great games between these two teams... This was also the play that turned terrel owens into T.O

10. BarlOwens

BarlOwens Rubicon Runner

I remember my dad telling me the game was over at least 50 different times in that 4th quarter..and I kept telling him we had it..I even called the last play to TO...when Young slipped all I heard was "FREAK, ITS OVER!"...then silence..stunned disbelief...except for me yelling at him for not having faith in Young..lol

11. Platoon 86

Platoon 86 Loony

Screw...it's just highlites.

12. HailttRedskins

LOL I fell asleep and turned it on, at least I'll be able to see the winning catch.

13. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

:dirty29:

this freaking catch is, next to the 4th & 26, on top of my most hated plays

14. afjay

afjay Click. Clack.

I loved it :icon_cheesygrin:

15. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

:buttrock:

16. Platoon 86

Platoon 86 Loony

It was so awesome:icon_mrgreen:

17. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

you don't like me at all :icon_cry: :icon_cry: :icon_cry: :icon_cry:

18. Platoon 86

Platoon 86 Loony

Nope, now shut up.:lol:

19. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

to sad, that here isn't any live coverage of the 49ers game this weekend. I had alot of fun with you last time, Platoon and afjay :icon_cheesygrin:

20. Platoon 86

Platoon 86 Loony

4th and 26....Touchdown Owens!:icon_mrgreen: