Change Next Month To The Member Awards

Discussion in 'Site News' started by SRW, Sep 29, 2007.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Starting this month there will be a change to the Member Award Nominations:

The nomination threads will all have this disclaimer:

***Only one nomination per member is needed***
    ***Any duplicate nominations or nominations for ineligible members will be moved to the Recycle Bin***

Hopefully this promotes people having to think about who to nominate and gives us a bigger pool to choose from for everyone.​

2. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Great changes. :buttrock:

3. SRW

You'd be amazed at how many people vote for themselves month after month and who some of these chronic self-voters are....it's sad really.

4. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Really? I figured only one or two would do it. :lol:

5. frost

frost Irreverent Bastard

Crap I vote for myself every time...nice to dictate how you vote there Hitler. :tsk:

6. happ

happ PECAVI

Guilty, but I've done it only once, as I've only been nominated once :)

7. JoeKnows

JoeKnows Resident CFL Writer

So, instead of voting for themselves, these people will just not vote in a poll they're in the running for. I'm not sure that's one we want to encourage, honestly.

8. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Well Joe, if people are that shallow that they won't vote unless they can only vote for themselves, then it's on them.

9. lruddicks

lruddicks kcs redneck

i like it make better odds for everyone.

10. brakos82

brakos82 30% more cats than last year!

Is this effective September or October?

11. SRW

October.

12. JoeKnows

JoeKnows Resident CFL Writer

So, in order to prove that they're not shallow, they have to give their vote to a potential competitor? I have to disagree with that. I mean, it's not like it's the end of the world if someone doesn't win, but now they aren't allowed to help themselves either. Just my thoughts, though.

13. DoubleC

DoubleC i'm ready now...

So you mean every other month, we'll have to give the TDJets, err the McNabb award to someone else?
    :dontknow:

14. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

I'd still vote even if I couldn't vote for myself...... I didnt vote for myself the first time and lost a close one and voted for myself this time knowing it wouldn't really make a difference....at least that's what I thought. Thought the Joe Montana nominees were a lock this month imo....make the rules and I'll live by them. It's nice that the site shows appreciation of it's members by giving this opportunity to begin with. Always nice when members get recognition for contributing to the board site. How many other sites even do this?
    I do disagree with saying it's shallow to vote for yourself when there weren't any guidelines about that. There might be some that vote that way out of ego but others that just vote for themselves because...call me what you like but I don't feel I am shallow because I voted for myself once.
    Keep the awards coming though I think they are great for the members and all that contribute to making a great football forum!!!

15. The CO2

The CO2 Don't pray, just play!

I have a solution to the problem, for the nominees, but I'm keeping it a secret. :taunt:

16. rachel53426

rachel53426 Starter

PM me then I wanna know....

17. linz_renee

linz_renee Well-Known

Sometimes I'm the best, so I vote for me; I'm not nominating myself. If I nominate someone I vote for them. That's just how it works.

I'll just vote for myself everytime I'm nominated from now on. I'll show you shallow.:nahnah:

18. The CO2

The CO2 Don't pray, just play!

You better start begging, because I'm not easy.

Wait! What are you going to do for me? :wink:

I don't think a comment is necessary for this one.

19. linz_renee

linz_renee Well-Known

Well, my point that though they may discount it, they will see it, so I'll show them who's shallow.

20. TOP DAWG

TOP DAWG Pro Bowler

I'm not really into the awards thing,so I don't vote for anyone including myself. However,I've never been one that feels second should be rewarded over the best in any contest. If the same guy keeps winning,then obviously no one has stepped up to the plate. Not much of a feeling of accomplishment if you give a trophy to someone who knows he only got the award because of a rule change,and not from actually beating the guy. To me it kind of cheapens the whole thing,but hey I'm probably the only one that feels that way,so carry on.