Chargers acquire WR Chris Chambers

Discussion in 'San Diego Chargers' started by Bears 88, Oct 16, 2007.

1. Bears 88

Bears 88 FTW

2. dolphindude13

dolphindude13 Jack Of All Trades

Holy crap! I've been a big Chambers guy since he was drafted, but it was time for a move. The guy has always had the big play potential to be a star, but all to frequently drops the "easy" ones. I wish him luck in SD, he should help out the almost non-existent recieving corp there. I wonder if this means the Fins are getting ready to blow it all up?

3. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Jason Taylor could be next to go if they are having a fire sale. Second round pick is a bit steep IMO but the Chargers might need him since it seems Eric Parker isn't going to be coming back anytime soon and the WR's playing now are underachieving.

4. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

thats a huge gain for the chargers

5. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

much needed in SD....if gates ever goes down they would pretty much be hecked receivers

6. SuperBeast

SuperBeast BANNED

wow....I knew he would eventually land himslef a good squad but SD? jeeeeeeeeeesus talk about hitting the jackpot!!! The both just scored BIGTIME!

7. BarlOwens

BarlOwens Rubicon Runner

good for him..the future was not bright 'immediately' in Miami...they are at least 2 years from contention while they groom Beck

8. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Good for Chambers and a long time coming.

9. Crawl

Crawl Pro Bowler

Wow.

Looks like Ginn's gonna get his shot. The Dolphins need some kinda spark, before they implode.

10. TDJets72027

TDJets72027 Rex Ryan baby

Awesome pickup by the Chargers.

11. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

Good move for Chambers and Chargers....Fins...ummmm....who you got? Ginn?...Positioning for draft pick?

12. yisman

yisman The Ambivalent One

miami FLEECES san diego. wow.

I guess they found the one team stupid enough to give up that much for Chris Chambers.

13. dolphindude13

dolphindude13 Jack Of All Trades

I think it may be to late for that already.:icon_sad:

I hope 2 years is all, at this point 5 might not be long enough. They have Ronnie Brown and an old defense that has to be re-worked starting this off-season. A young QB in Beck that they have no idea if he will ever be starter material. O-line has improved but still not very good. Wait and see I guess.

14. Bears 88

Bears 88 FTW

We could of used him. god **mn it, Angelo!!! :rant:

15. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Fans refugee

Good move for all teams, we get a WR we really needed, especially since Parker wasn't healthy yet (now IRed) and Davis was banged up. No way could we just rely on Jackson at receiver.

Dolphins get at worse a top 64 pick where there's plenty of young talent they could grab.

Chambers gets out of Miami to a team that has a shot at making the playoffs.

We might of overpaid a little but we had no 3rd or 4th picks and there's no way the Dolphins would take a 5th or lower pick for him. We really needed a quality receiver and he isn't too old, it's better than the McCardell trade we did a few years ago.

We'll get a comp pick from losing Donnie so that'll either be a 3rd or a 4th. Which should be enough to fill up any holes we have during the draft.

16. efunk_adelic

efunk_adelic bolt fanatic

sad to see Parker go to IR but we get a player that can explode. Remember he killed us in '05.

17. Jupap7

Jupap7 Eternal Rookie

Good news for Chargers, right in time.
    He'll liberate spaces for Gates and LT in the 10s.
    Great playmaker

18. Dfence

Dfence Special Teamer

I'd guess that the injury to Eric Parker which has meant that he went to IR sent them looking around the league for a WR to help them and when Chambers was available for the right price, he gave them veteran leadership (which is missing from the Chargers WR's) and a potential upgrade, thus they couldn't say no to the cost.