Are The New York Giants For Real?

Discussion in 'New York Giants' started by SRW, Nov 9, 2007.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Are the New York Giants for real or will they fold like they did last year?
    I say this team will fold when it comes down to it. They are not as talented as the Cowboys are and are dangerously thin at depth. This train could be derailed easily with 1-2 key injuries. So what do others think?

2. TDJets72027

TDJets72027 Rex Ryan baby

If they beat the Cowboys, yeah.

3. SRW

What if they lose but hang tough? Would they be considered a team that can make some noise in the playoffs? It's not like the NFC is a strong conference.

4. TDJets72027

TDJets72027 Rex Ryan baby

They are still a playoff team.

5. SRW

Well...playoff team in the NFC is a vague term. This conference is so watered down that there could be a 8-8 playoff team. Are they serious contenders to win the NFC and more?

6. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I think they'll make the playoffs but lose early. Their defense is solid, but I don't trust Manning.

7. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

Manning is playing smarter this year from what I've seen and they have a good td threat in Plaxico ....defense is definitely there and i will quote espn from the other day....the biggest thing missing from this year to last so far is.....all the back stabbing and finger pointing. Key will be if they hold together as a team if things get rough again or will they cash it in as another fold job. Who knows....maybe Tiki was an instigator in the Locker room.

8. Platoon 86

Platoon 86 Loony

Agreed, Their Defense will do enough to get them into the playoffs but probably not too far into it. I'm not all that convinced that Eli Manning can play well in the playoffs, choking in the playoffs has happened to the Manning family before.:icon_mrgreen:

9. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

In NFC terms, they are for real. As much as many others in this conference. The game against the Cowboys will be a good indicator how real they are.

10. Dfence

Dfence Special Teamer

No disagreement that a couple of key injuries would hurt the Giants (see last year's second half) but by definition, the Colts and Pats are subject to the same, because if they lose Brady or Maning, they don't progress that far in the playoffs with Matt Cassells or Sorgi, so that's a fairly spurious arguement.

Eli Manning is definitely playing smarter. There's been quotes from the QB Coach outlining how he's making the rest of the offense better by his reads of the defence (and audibling into runs) but the Giants offence is based around the running game of Brandon Jacobs and the O-Line (as it sets up the play action passes that the Giants have done so well on this year). That will decide how well the Giants control the clock and how close the game is.

To be fair, not even Giants fans are entirely sure where the team ranks against the better teams in the league, but we'll certainly find out in this second half of the season. Have a look at the schedule, it's pretty nasty from here onwards, so if they get 4-4 I'd be pleased.

It'd also help if our 3rd WR actually gets back on the field this week.

11. pitzj5971

pitzj5971 Starter

Well they pretty much sucked until they got most of there players back and healthy and it didnt help them that Strahan missed the whole training camp. I think they will be a contender ( which isnt say much in teh NFC ) if they find a way to stay healthy. If one of the DE's goes down then that team is screwed like they where before, imo.