Semifinalists Named For HOF Ballot

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by skinsfan1, Nov 28, 2007.

1. skinsfan1

skinsfan1 BANNED

CANTON, Ohio (AP) - Wide receiver Cris Carter and cornerback Darrell Green were the only first-year eligible players among 26 semifinalists for the Pro Football Hall of Fame's class of 2008.

Carter starred for the Minnesota Vikings from 1990-2001 and also played for Miami and Philadelphia. Green spent his entire career with the Redskins, from 1983-2002.
    The 26 advanced from a list of 124 preliminary nominees. Because of a tie for 25th, one more player than usual made the semifinals.

Twenty-two of the nominees have been in the semifinals before. Other than Carter and Green, the new semifinalists are linebacker Rickey Jackson and defensive tackle Cortez Kennedy.

The inductees will be decided the day before the Super Bowl on Feb. 2, 2008 . The induction ceremonies are in early August.

Other semifinalists:

Defensive ends Richard Dent, Fred Dean and Charles Haley; linebackers Randy Gradishar, Kevin Greene, Derrick Thomas, and Andre Tippett; cornerback Lester Hayes; center Dermontti Dawson; guards Russ Grimm, Bob Kuechenberg and Randall McDaniel; tackles Joe Jacoby and Gary Zimmerman; running back Terrell Davis; wide receivers Art Monk, Andre Reed and Steve Tasker; quarterback Ken Stabler; punter Ray Guy; former commissioner Paul Tagliabue; and administrator George Young.

The seniors committee nominees, who were announced in August, are Marshall Goldberg and Emmitt Thomas.

Source: http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7500918

Man I hope Green and Monk make it together.

2. TOP DAWG

TOP DAWG Pro Bowler

Carter was awesome. He's in. I suppose Monk gets hecked over again.:icon_rolleyes:

3. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

ricey jackson should get in because of his hi-top fade alone

4. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Isn't this Art Monk's last chance??? I hope some one wakes up and gets him in.

5. PSID412USM

PSID412USM Pro Bowler

Monk should get in but he isn't going too.

6. DoubleC

DoubleC i'm ready now...

Lost of great names! Charles Haley! :emoticheerleader:

7. Underground Dyer

Underground Dyer Chicago Bears Know-It-All

Art Monk and Richard Dent should both already be in the Hall but for whatever reason they are not. So I hope that the voters wake up and get them both in. They were both among the elite at their positions when they played and deserve more respect than they have been given up to this point.

8. lawsonsp

lawsonsp Starter

ART MONK! put him in....his numbers are so much better than michael irvin's and he has the rings. i do not understand the problem.

9. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

Blasphemy!!!! Henry Ellard should be there for sure :icon_cry: