Patrick Willis .. Very Promising Rookie

Discussion in 'San Francisco 49ers' started by Crowned, Dec 2, 2007.

1. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Patrick Willis leads the NFL with 128 tackles, the closest behind him is Ray Lewis (arguably the best MLB in the NFL.) Maybe its the lack of tackling on the 49ers defense or maybe Willis is just the future of the NFL at MLB.

Mike Singletary has taken Patrick Willis under his wing and announced to the world that Willis is something special now the world knows.. 49er fans don't have a lot to look forward to at this moment in time, but this kid is definitely something to look forward to.

[​IMG]

2. Crowned

By the way Ray Lewis has 99 tackles so he has a 29 tackle lead on everyone else in the league..

3. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Yep. Too bad he can't play quarterback or we might have a team.

4. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

funny....

but i really like willis, wanted us to trade up for him, he can play all 4 linbacker spots, hes a beast in coverage, a hell of a run stuffer and can rush the passer pretty good...hes like brian urlacher, just not quite as big.

Hows that having singletary as your first coach as a LB....:icon_eek:

5. eaglesrule4ever

eaglesrule4ever Pro Bowler

yeah getting taught by singeltary might help but he is a monster especially as a rookie.

6. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

He's actually something of a liability in coverage. It's his only glaring weak spot, really, and he's not really THAT bad, but still. He's young and it will come in time, he's a smart kid with all the tools to make it a strong point in his game, he's just not quite there yet. He tends to get beat and caught out of position, but is generally able to make up for it with his pretty amazing closing speed and sure tackling. Wait until Manny comes back next year and our new coach starts Brandon Moore in place of that miserable joke Derek Smith. That's going to be a monster LB corps. Hopefully we will be able to do something about the line this offseason as well.

7. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

well for a LB i would consider him pretty good in coverage, hes got great instincts is more what i meant

8. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

yeah, i believe i checked on his game stats just out of curiosity today, before 1st half was over, i think he had 8 tackles.. lol

9. DoubleC

DoubleC i'm ready now...

He saved the game last week in Az when he caught the Cardinal WR after a 40y chase.
    If he's not DROY, I don't know who could be. :redface:

10. Crowned

averages 10.6 tackles a game , thats just insane whats the all time record high for tackles in a season???

11. truelife

truelife 6-0 is our goal

and the best part is he has been doing all this with one hand.... i remember the game the other day i believe it was the arizona game where he thought there was afumble but he couldn't pick the ball up so he just kinda was pushing down the field a few yards.. i was laughing my butt off

12. DarthGator

DarthGator Global Mod at Fans

Willis impressed me from his days at ole miss...good for him

13. he played good on sunday (considering the hand problem he's having)

i like beason more though

14. steadypimpin

steadypimpin Still pimpin'

you're crazy. Willis>everyone else

15. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

I think Ray Lewis has it with 210 in 1997 or 1998.

16. Crowned

thats 13 tackles a game so Willis would have to escalate his game anymore to do it this season either way, Defensive rookie of the year isa nice player to build your defense around in the offseason