Pro-Bowl Snubs

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by SRW, Dec 18, 2007.

1. Bulluck53

Bulluck53 NFL-Fans

If we go on stats alone then Bulluck really doesn't deserve it. He leads the team, and the league in some cases, in tackles for 5 straight years and finally gets help so his numbers drop. He still made an impact, though, with 5 interceptions.

2. dolphindude13

dolphindude13 Jack Of All Trades

I think Urlacher probably should have made it over Tatupu, but in most people's eyes with the Bears defense being down this year Urlacher took the hit for it. You definitely couldn't put Urlacher in over Willis who has 160+ tackles and will be a monster for years to come.

3. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

i'm cool with no saints making it......i remember watching in horror last year as brees dislocated his elbow. heck the pro bowl.

4. Browncos

Browncos Starter

Pro Bowlers

Im not trying to whine or anything, but does anybody else think the Browns should have sent more than 2 players to the probowl? They were talking about us sending potentially 6 and we only send 2... I know Braylon should have got there(and should be the number 2 over Reggie Wayne) and if Josh Cribbs didnt go, then I would have a meltdown; but please tell me how Kellen Winslow, Eric Steinbach, Joe Thomas, Phil Dawson, or Derek Anderson didnt go.

I know DA would be a toss up between Rothlisberger and eventhough Ben has the reputation, the numbers dont lie.

There is no excuse for K2 not going, it was a fluke that Gonzo and Gates got it over him when he led the league in receptions and yards for a while.

There also is no excuse for Eric Steinback not going. How do we have one of the best offensive lines in football and we dont send anybody? For a while I think that he led the league in probowl votes, so how doesnt he go?

Phil Dawson has made HUGE, clutch kicks and had the best kick of the season in the Ravens game. He won several games, I think 4 total for us.

Joe Thomas was also borderline with DA,and since he is a rooki, I understand how he didnt go in the popuarity contest they call a probowl.

Ok, Im done ranting I just want to hear other peoples take of this. Maybe im overreacting and I shouldnt care, but when "experts" say that the Browns have 6 potential probowlers and only 2 go....I get a little angry lol.:icon_evil: :icon_cheesygrin:

5. Dam8610

Dam8610 Starter

...if receiving yardage and touchdowns mean nothing to you.

6. Cletusaurus

Cletusaurus YES! YES! YES!

:icon_rolleyes:

Damn, and here I really thought I'd missed ya since you ran away after Week 9... Tell me you honestly don't believe Fred Taylor should have gotten an invitation to Hawaii.

7. Bulluck53

Bulluck53 NFL-Fans

Not over the guys who were picked when the voting ended...

8. dolphindude13

dolphindude13 Jack Of All Trades

I agree with you on Winslow......P.S. We already have a thread on this titled "Pro bowl snubs". :icon_cheesygrin:

9. Dam8610

Dam8610 Starter

Ran away after Week 9? That's rich. Just like your misconception on that, if you actually READ my post, you'll see I was arguing AGAINST Taylor's inclusion, especially over Joseph Addai.

10. falcon_91

falcon_91 Pro Bowler

From a falcons pick Boley (as said before) was robbed. But so was Roddy White.

1,140 yards - 3rd in NFC
    5 TDs(not to good)
    YPC (players with 50 + catches) he was 10th in NFL
    78 catches, not outstanding but still decent.

Who got in ahead of him? For one, Donald Driver, less yards, less catches, less TD's. I can't find one plausible reason why he should be in it and White shouldn't.

11. DallasArmor09

DallasArmor09 Well-Known

Greg Ellis? London Fletcher

Explain how Hamlin has been crap?:word04: