I Hate Phillip Rivers

Discussion in 'San Diego Chargers' started by FSUViking, Jan 14, 2008.

1. BroncoBJ

BroncoBJ JayCutler4MVP!!!

:lol: I'm glad more people hate that little happy.
    Its funny because I just came on here to post a Philip Rivers Video that I created.

I'ma post it in the smack section.

But I'll post it here too.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSJL3e-85DY[/media]

I'm not great at video making but the guy is a dumbheck

2. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

lol broncobj rep

3. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

i bet you break the record for most rep received from 1 post :icon_thumleft:

4. BroncoBJ

BroncoBJ JayCutler4MVP!!!

:lol: Naw Theres some crazy posttramp threads I'm sure people get 1000 rep for. But I do need rep. I'm not on here enough to get a lot of it.

Glad you guys liked the vid though.

I came on here to post about him and then thats the first thread I see is about Rivers. :lol:

Hes going to become the most hated guy in the NFL I'm sure.
    I hope the Pats rip him a new butt.

5. Litez0ut

Litez0ut Litez0ut Sucka

Exactly, It isn't like he's telling them off. The Colts fans were talking crap to him when he was injured and going to the locker room. Wouldn't that make the Colts fans buttholes for talking crap to an injured man? He was just messing around with them. Jay Cutlers a damn cry baby so is champ I get Burned Daily Bailey.

6. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Fans refugee

Stop being a baby. Why should Norv stay with the 49ers? He got a job promotion and a pay raise, he'd be an idiot to decline, especially when the team offering him the Head Coaching job is significantly better than the team he was on.

7. lostfan

lostfan Starter

Isn't awesome how nobody was talking about Norv Turner or the 49ers? Man oh man. Par for the course. Good ole' you-know-who.

I didn't say he was the only QB to ever flop, hell Brady does it. I said it was my first real impression of Rivers and it's lasted since. But even still I can't recall Brady ever getting tapped on the arm, hesitating, then launching his body to the turf.

8. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Fans refugee

So he's a crapty actor. No one is paying him to act.

9. Litez0ut

Litez0ut Litez0ut Sucka

Actually that guy said he took the Money and Ran to SD. So it had something to do with him leaving the 49ers.

10. 49erGenius

49erGenius Banned

If Turner wanted to leave, why the HELL did he sign that contract stating he'd accept the raise on OC, and then dumped the team? Maybe the raise he got in OC wasn't as big as HC, but it was still a bump up. Turner should have given back the money.

What I also say about San Diego being the hurt team, I got nothing against any team wanting to go to the Superbowl. But when you face a healthy Pats team, inside a cold environment, with hostile fans that HATE YOU, DESPISE YOU, the injured team stands NO CHANCE in winning. Unless your backup can throw like a real QB, I feel the Pats will put up 56 points against your no rushing Defense. In words of Kelsey Grammer, I think you're going to get your butt kicked. Had Gates, LT, Rivers escaped injured free, I got no problem with your team wanting to win and I would've let the Turner incident slide.

11. Cletusaurus

Cletusaurus YES! YES! YES!

No no, Philip Rivers IS a loudmouthed punk. I love watching San Diego fans try to validate him acting like a jackass when he's won all of ONE playoff game despite having the most dangerous weapon in the NFL lined up behind him.

Most amusing part of the Chargers' win, though? Rivers saying "I'll be back" to the fans... then never once getting his butt back out onto the field!

12. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Fans refugee

I love how Patriot fans bashed Merriman for testing positive for Steroids, but don't say a thing when Harrison gets caught for buying HGH.

Turner got a promotion, HC is a higher position than OC, and once he left the 49ers, he left that contract. So he didn't take the money and run. The 49ers thought giving him more money would be enough to keep him, and I'm not sure whether the Chargers offered more, but money doesn't buy everything. I'm sure if Nolan was fired and the 49ers offered him the job he would of gladly taken it. Norv clearly wanted to be a HC, maybe he didn't think it would happen, but he had to jump at the opportunity he got.

13. 49erGenius

49erGenius Banned

You're missing the point. Turner had a job, and he signed a contract and got a raise. Signing the contract puts Turner at his ORIGINAL job. But when Turner became your coach, why did he not tear up the contract and NULL AND VOIDED it? that means the Yorks were STUCK paying Turner money he did not deserve because he left the team. It's like when we sacked Erickson, we still had to pay him, along with Mariucci for they STILL were under a contract, though REMOVED from the job. There is no proof that Norv Turner GAVE any money back when he took the San Diego job, THUS still retaining a contract from SF on the job as OC, which he was never there. That means we paid for both Hostler and Turner on the OC.

I also feel that's thievery to abandon a team like that. We got bad because of Turner completely abandoning us and not giving us any help on the OC. He could have recommended somebody as a gesture of good faith, but we don't have that anymore in the NFL. Just lie and steal your way to a Superbowl, and that's sad now. Vince Lombardi should be disgusted right now as I am.

I got nothing against the Chargers. I think you got a decent team. But what irks me off is an injured team stands no chance against a healthy team. Unless you have say a foreign weapon or some dirty tactics, you're going to lose badly in New England, and that's sad. I'd still fire Turner if you lose to New England just like Remember the Titans, one loss, Turner should be GONE!

14. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Fans refugee

The 49ers didn't pay him any of that money from that "new" contract. The second Norv decided to leave that contract became null and void, since he didn't coach any of the years of that contract he didn't get paid.

The only reason Erickson and Marucci were still owed money is because the 49ers fired them, there's a huge difference.

If you're telling me you would not take a promotion to a higher paying job, a better job, for a better corporation/company, in a great city then I don't know what to tell you.

Time to get over Turner, he only did what pretty much anyone else would have done in the same position. It's not like he left for the Raiders or some other crapty team.

15. 49erGenius

49erGenius Banned

No, if I signed a contract on my job, but then I took another job that may pay well, I would null and void the contract I had signed. I saw nothing of that nature from Norv Turner, that's why I call him a thief.

However, what ever happened to faithful, huh? Shouldn't taking the job you love be like a marriage? Why must you leave that job for a better job? Should you then leave your wife? I feel whenever people leave the 49ers, they do it as a gesture of bad faith when things get bad. It's like they say heck it to marriage and prefer it to be better, they don't want to endure the worse. That's why I get disgusted every freaking year that my season is over, and I got 270 days to sit alone waiting for it to start all freaking over again. I don't have much of a life anymore.

I blame this on Turner, and Nolan, and the ownership of my lousy team. I hope nobody buys a freaking ticket for such a crapty production. And I hope your Charger fans get Turner fired after you lose to New England. The NFL is RIGGED if they give it to the Patriots.

16. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Fans refugee

Seriously are you slow? The second he left the Niners that contract became null and void. Why does he have to do it himself? That's just redundant, and what makes you think being the offensive coordinator for the 49ers was his dream job? The 49ers aren't that good, he's been an offensive coordinator on much better teams, why would that job be so special? Get over it, the Niners are an average team at best, why should anyone show any loyalty to them? If Norv sucked the 49ers wouldn't have shown any loyalty so why should he do it to them? Norv would have been the dumbest person on the planet to turn down the Chargers job offer. There's no loyalty in the NFL, you should know that seeing how you've been a "fan" for such a long time.

And for the last time there is no way in the world Norv will be fired after the season ends. I'm so confident in that, that I'd bet my life savings on it if I could, but there's no one stupid enough to take that bet.

17. efunk_adelic

efunk_adelic bolt fanatic

It looks like Turner really hurt your feelings that he left the 49er's organization. Don't you think it's time to move on?

and if we lose to the Patriots... so freaking what. I think he earned his spot to be the coach next year.

18. DoubleC

DoubleC i'm ready now...

Do you need to be told everything? Doesn't it sound obvious that if someone leaves a job, he's not paid anymore? Period.

Man...

19. efunk_adelic

efunk_adelic bolt fanatic

hey!!!! get it right, he's now won 2.

20. blitzah

blitzah Starter

I think i read or heard something some time ago where he was geting cocky and a player with more respect whos achieved more said something about it to him. I cant remember, but since then ive noticed it more and i also dont like it. He seems like a total idiot at times.