Free Agents List 2008

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by Jammin Jaguar, Jan 13, 2008.

1. Jammin Jaguar

Jammin Jaguar English Student.

Who will your team be looking to try and lure in?

Here's who I hope the Jags might be looking at:

Number one, I really want Jared Allen. Having him on our defence would sort out our pass-rush problems without a doubt.

If we get rid of at least one of our WRs (probably Northcutt) I'd say from that list of FAs we could look at Patrick Crayton. Of course Randy Moss would be nice, but why the hell would the Pats not re-sign him?

I'd love to get Marcus Trufant too to add some talent but more importantly some experience to our defensive backs.

Hey, with $32,000,000 in cap space you never know.

2. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Problem is most if not all of the top free agents will cost yo big-time AND draft picks since they more than likely will have franchise tags slapped on them. Teams will have to compensate with a 1st round pick if they sign a player with a franchise tag. That price is way too steep.

3. n1gbpackfan

n1gbpackfan Title Town USA

Packers only have a couple free agents - Noah Herran and COrey Williams. I think they will get Williams signed and let Herran go.

Thompson normally doesn't do to much in the free agent market, but they have 25 million cap room and they could use another cover corner, and Asante Samuel would be a great fit.

4. blitzah

blitzah Starter

Some good names on there, but if i think about who i would like the Rams to get, i will only be disappointed in the end :(.

5. King Norse

King Norse Rave-on

Good thread mate, I can see Jared Allen getting PAID if he hits the market. And don't rule out Moss being available either, it all depends on how much the Pats have cap-wise, obviously if they have the room they will, but he will be commanding big bucks.

I'd take Culpepper back in a backup role, I really enjoyed watching the Vikes when Culpepper and Moss were ripping up the league, especially the 2005 season.

In terms of wideouts, I'm sure Stallworth is available? I was positive he signed a one year deal this year with the Pats, and even if it wasn't, then if they re-sign Randy, I cannot see him staying in his current role. I'd take him, or Bryant Johnson who can be a #1 receiver.

6. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

Patrick Crayton won't be a free agent, Dallas has already Re-signed him. He got paid, and played poorly afterwards.

7. 49erGenius

49erGenius Banned

Damn, looks like noboby as usual for my team to get. :tsk:

8. epinesett

epinesett Special Teamer

I hope we (Rams) get a Offensive Lineman, so we can get Glenn Dorsey in the draft.

9. reubenco

reubenco Greenbelter

I don't even know who'll be available
    Is there some kinda list online that shows everyone whose contract is running up?
    If someone finds one could you please PM me the link?