Hawaii QB Colt Brennan's Stock Is Falling

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Discussion' started by Saintsfan1972, Jan 28, 2008.

1. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

No player saw his stock drop more dramatically at the Senior Bowl than Hawaii quarterback Colt Brennan.

The record-setting passer, who threw 131 career touchdown passes, didnt even make it through the weigh-in without losing stature, both literally and in the eyes of National Football League scouts. Brennan was measured at just a shade over 6-foot-2, nearly a full inch under his listed height. More startling was Brennans weight when he came in at just 186 pounds, blaming a stomach flu virus for a drop of 15 pounds below his listed playing weight in college.

Brennan also had problems in practice. One of his first passes flew high over the head of an intended receiver into a crowd of coaches standing well off the sidelines. His over-the-middle passes were also often delivered too tall for receivers, and a lot of his longer throws floated.

Source: Tuscaloosa News

2. 49erGenius

49erGenius Banned

Oh man, if he can fall to the 3rd round, 49ers should pick this guy up!:icon_eek:

3. He had a bad week...I heard his arm is pretty weak as well.

Univ. Hawaii QB's = Old school Univ. of Houston Qb's

4. DallasArmor09

DallasArmor09 Well-Known

He will prob. be around in rd6 or rd7. :dance04:

5. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Timmy Chang II

6. TDJets72027

TDJets72027 Rex Ryan baby

EXACTLY! What did I tell yall? He's a system QB!

7. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

dude looked like crap during the game. i wonder if that sugar bowl totally destroyed all his confidence

8. TDJets72027

TDJets72027 Rex Ryan baby

I'm happy that he had a bad game.

9. epinesett

epinesett Special Teamer

Yeah he is garbage against good teams are better yet good competitor's; look at that Georgia game and the Senoir bowl this past weekend

10. mouse

mouse Starter

HE JUST ISN'T THERE PHYSICALLY YET, NOT EVEN CLOSE TO BEING READY. DOESN'T HAVE THE ARM STRENGTH OR THE SIZE TO BE EFFECTIVE AT THE NEXT LEVEL RIGHT NOW.

11. DarthGator

DarthGator Global Mod at Fans

wait...I thought breenan was the greatest player in college, deserved the heisman, and was going to be a great nfl qb???

:lola:

12. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

This is a big reason why so many high pick QB's bust in the NFL, because there is way too much focus on the guy's height & weight. They are paid to throw the ball and orchestrate the offense, not to be the freaking tallest and biggest players in the team.

I wish the days of analysing QB's for how they play would come back.

13. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

yea the 49ers need alot of help on that team

14. mouse

mouse Starter

HOW MANY 185 POUND STRING BEAN QB'S DO YOU KNOW THAT WILL BE ABLE TO WITHSTAND AND HOLD UP AGAINST CONSTANT PRESSURE FROM NFL DEFENSES? ESPECIALLY ONES THAT ARE NOT ALL THAT MOBILE?

15. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

That's why you invest in a good offensive line :icon_rolleyes:

16. falcon_91

falcon_91 Pro Bowler

he had a bvirus which he says lost about 15 pounds, he's closer to 200 pounds than 185

17. mouse

mouse Starter

SO YOU INVEST HUGE INTO AN OFFENSIVE LINE TO PROTECT THE QB WITH NO STRENGTH. THAT STILL DOESN'T DO ANYTHING ABOUT HIS OTHER PHYSICAL LIABILITIES LIKE HIS SIDE ARM DELIVERY AND WEAK ARM STRENGTH.

WHICH REALLY MEANS HE PROBABLY LOST LIKE 5-7. ADD TO THE FACT HE DIDN'T LOOK ANY SMALLER THEN HE DID ALL SEASON.

18. bizell

bizell NFL-Fans refugee

and if you use the georgia game as your basis for critiquing brennan then you're a freaking goober.

19. mouse

mouse Starter

YOU OBVIOUSLY CAN'T CRITIQUE HIM ON ONLY THAT GAME, BUT IT DOES HAVE SOME VALUE. AT WORST YOU HAVE TO SEE WHAT A QB CAN DO UNDER HEAVY PRESSURE AND IT WASN'T PRETTY FOR HIM.

20. bizell

bizell NFL-Fans refugee

oh, i definitely agree, but hawaii's OL was no match for georgia's defensive line speed.