(5 Members & 88 Guests)

Discussion in 'GridironFans Support' started by Crowned, Feb 24, 2008.

1. Paul33

Paul33 Guest

Because variety is the spice of life? Because I work strange patterns where my opportunities to be online are at times when UK based users are asleep, so it's nice to be able to interact at a time where US based users are online.

The point is I have made some efforts to discuss- you make out every single post of mine is worthless. In your little summary you even admitted I made efforts to make worthwhile points about Grossman, Samuel and Stallworth in various threads. You have to remember I am a Jaguars fan- there isn't that much to discuss as they don't come up that much. I commented on the Stallworth to Jags rumors that surfaced on that thread briefly and like I say, even though it was in relation to this Andy business, I still offered valid comparisons to the Grossman and Samuel scenarios.

I keep telling you why I come here, I like the news articles, but I'm underwhelmed by what goes on afterwards. Why can't you just accept it as feedback rather than making out I have issues with the members.

As I have said so many times now I'm beginning to tire of repeating it, this all started because I responded to the original post of this thread by giving my reasons to why I contribute to the problem the OP was complaining about
    and indicated that maybe others feel the same- that the news parts are worth reading, but the forum part isn't so great.

Stop taking it so personally.

2. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Personally? Please....don't flatter yourself.

I stand corrected. You are beyond reproach. The model member who others should emulate. How foolish of me. Thank you for enlightening me and everyone else.

3. Paul33

Paul33 Guest

I'm trying to be rational about this, but of course you have to resort to sarcasm.

I have not once attempted to claim I have done anything to stimulate discussion, for about the 70th time it is NOT about the posts I have made, which I have admitted repeatedly have been largely foolish and pointless.

My point is about why for whatever reason I have NOT posted where in different circumstances I may have done. I made these comments in what I felt was an appropriate thread because the OP was speculating for potential reasons why people are on the site but don't post on it.

How hard is this to understand, seriously? I am not trying to pretend anything, I am just speaking my mind on MY personal situation with regards to this site.

4. SRW

Um...page one:

Ok Paul. I see your point. keep the contradictions coming. :icon_cheesygrin:

And the neg rep you gave me with the "loser" comment....classy move Paul. Stop taking it personally, will ya?

5. Paul33

Paul33 Guest

Fine, if this is how you get your kicks, I raise my glass to you. If you have nothing better to do than find flaws in my posts, I feel for you, really I do.

The sad thing is, that I'm not pretending I've done it often, but I have done it and even YOU admitted this in your initial analysis of my post history!

For example, Andy said he couldn't see why the Eagles would be interested in Samuel because the CB is reasonable at present. I countered that if there was a chance to upgrade, it should at least be explored despite CB not being a pressing need. I used the Jaguars RT situation as a comparison of a scenario where teams do upgrade positions even if they are not necessarily perceived as a weakness.

To this point, my post is the last post in the thread- no further comment.

Now I know this is only one example, but it's an example nonetheless.

What pisses me off is the way you continue to slag my past posts as evidence to my current situation in this thread. You suggest to me I should in the future make more effort to start debates- something I will take on board- but then you continue to reference my old posts to make the point.

Basically, you are judging my potential future behaviour on my past posts, despite the fact I have time and time again accepted those past posts were a bit foolish and pointless and part of an ongoing "banter"/semi friendly feud with a member I "know" from elsewhere.

6. SRW

Basing your future on your previous posts is obvious because like I said before....it's all we have to go on. We don't have anything to go on other than empty promises and previous posts until you show something else.

Oh and....:beer-smiley:

Feel free to neg rep me again.

7. Paul33

Paul33 Guest

The point is, as I keep on saying, is that this whole debate started in this thread because I was commenting on why I don't post, not commenting on the few stupid posts I have made, but that concept seems to have gone over your head so many times I'm sick of repeating it.

I neg repped you because I was trying to rationalise and you resorted to cheap sarcasm. Which makes you no better than me in the context of my behaviour towards Andy82.

Talking of Andy, I just checked out the Grossman thread and noticed someone else has just put a big rolleyes icon under the "Angelo needs his brain scanned" quote.

So it looks like it isn't just me who finds these OTT one liners a bit annoying.

8. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

[​IMG]

Ehhhhh.... Did I do that???

9. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Innocent my butt......

:sarcasm1:

10. Bears 88

Bears 88 FTW

Paul33, STFU and leave.

:smoker:

11. BroncoBJ

BroncoBJ JayCutler4MVP!!!

Yea that makes me mad too kinda. I think that this site should be private so that only registered users can view it. That way everyone whos not Registered will have to register if they want to go on and that could encourage more posting :)

12. 86WARD

86WARD -

"Interesting!"

Not trying to progress this thread along any...

13. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

A lot of ppl are registered and locked in, but didn't do a single post, plus it's hard to find new members, if nobody can read the site.

wtf is so bad with guests? (btw. some of them are bots, who can't register :icon_wink: ) A lot members started as guests and register after a while.

14. n1gbpackfan

n1gbpackfan Title Town USA

I agree, there is nothing wrong with guest. If the site was locked to members only - I think alot less people would register.

15. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

In my personal opinion I don't register at any site where they don't allow me to see the forums, I like to see what's going on before I register, I don't like being forced to register to see a site then decide I hate it, that's where you get a lot of ballooned membership lists with thousands of so called members that have 0 posts.

16. SuperBeast

SuperBeast BANNED

Is there any google bots or whatever on gif?

17. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

yes, as guests, they can't register for the site though

18. SuperBeast

SuperBeast BANNED

well, there ya go.....

19. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Most are from Yahoo

20. SuperBeast

SuperBeast BANNED

FYI to Olly----- Beast never reads past the 1st page but will reply anyway.