CFN.com's 2008 NFL Mock Draft W/Comments

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Discussion' started by SRW, Feb 23, 2008.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

[FONT=verdana, arial, sans serif]2008 NFL Draft[/FONT][FONT=verdana, arial, sans serif] Mock Draft[/FONT][FONT=verdana, arial, sans serif][SIZE=-1]
    [/SIZE][/FONT]By Pete Fiutak

2. packerboy

packerboy Bugger off

I don't agree with the Packers pick. We could pick up a TE in round 2-3 (Finley from Texas?) and if DRC is still on the board, we should pounce, the kids' a playmaker. There are probably better bump and run corners avaliable but you can't pass on a talent like this.

Also, S is not really a spot of worry I don't think. Rouse may unseat Nick Collins as FS and Collins could go to CB. Atari Bigby played better towards the end of the season.

3. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Sam Baker or Otah should fit fine for us.

4. Jammin Jaguar

Jammin Jaguar English Student.

I'd rearrange this to 1) Quentin Groves, 2) Kenny Phillips, 3) Early Doucet.

I don't think we'll go S if the first round, or a WR... I think it should be locked on a DE.

5. Underground Dyer

Underground Dyer Chicago Bears Know-It-All

A defensive tackle for the Bears?!! This guy is out of his mind!!

6. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Well...outside of Tommie Harris...what do the Bears have at that spot? They just let go of Darwin Walker and Jamie Kennedy isn't the answer there.

I saw what he chose as the Titans needs and was surprised to see CB instead of OG. We have a solid set of CB's in Nick Harper and Cortland Finnegan. The Titans might be losing both starting OG's though (Benji Olsen to retirement, Jacob Bell to free agency). That is a major weakness I think the Titans need to address in the draft.

7. Flaxe1

Flaxe1 1st Stringer

Agreed with you on this one Packerboy. I'd definitely take a CB in the first round and then maybe a TE/OLB in the second and third line. I think there'd be more than enough good tight ends lefts toward the bottom of the second round.

8. KJ3

KJ3 Terminally Slack-Jawed

another mendenhall vote...at least the guy said "if the top corners are off the board"

mendenhall may very well be our pick, and i would be ecstatic, i just can't see our secondary being passed over...well...you know what i mean...

9. dolphindude13

dolphindude13 Jack Of All Trades

Yet another mock without Limas Sweed going in the 1st round! Wow, I'd be shocked if that happened and would love Miami to take him if indeed this did happen with the 33rd pick. I love the guy and he would fit nicely opposite of Tedd Ginn Jr.

10. King Norse

King Norse Rave-on

I don't understand why so many people have Baltimore picking up a DT when they have arguably one of the best NT in Gregg and a huge, immense space eater in Ngata.

Also, "to fill many glaring needs" (or something along those lines). Where are they? A franchise QB or at least an effective one (which they may already have on their roster, it just isnt obvious yet) and a shut down corner to replace the aging rolle/mcalister, aoart from that, this team is set.

IMO they go corner to fill a glaring need,providing one of them pushes their stock up into a definite top 10 pick. At the moment, I'd say McKelvin and Jenkins need a solid combine to ensure that they get picked that early.

11. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Woah! A DT for the Bears in the first round? Granted I agree that DT is a need because we were hurtin for healthy DTs last year, the O-Line i'm still convinced is the Bears biggest need. They have left guard and right tackle to fill on that O-Line. I say save drafting a DT for later on in the draft, most likely for day two.

12. eaglesrule4ever

eaglesrule4ever Pro Bowler

I would rather have Calais campbell than phillip merling because he has so much upside 6foot 8 inches tall and weighed in at the combine at 279 i think he seems to be a player like julius peppers he is a beast.

13. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Dusty Dvoracek if he could ever stay healthy.

14. Bears 88

Bears 88 FTW

Who the heck is Kentwan Balmer?