The Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by smeags, Aug 27, 2007.

1. eaglesrule4ever

eaglesrule4ever Pro Bowler

Yeah i figured this is how it was gonna be for us eagles fans in the end just waiting it out.

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

But do they really? Almost all the Free-Agent WR are off the board and there's no guarantee that a team will trade a Larry Fitzgerald, Roy Williams, Chad Johnson, Torry Holt, whatever rumors are out there...

In essence, as it gets closer to the draft, to the regular season, they could lose leverage...

Obviously, the Eagles aren't happy with their WR Corps. It's pretty much known worldwide now. They failed at getting Moss, they've "temporarily" failed at getting Fitzgerald - who by the way, is going to HAVE to be traded, released or restructured soon - the Cardinals have 51 players on their team...ONLY 16 defensive players and Fitzgerald is counting $30M AGAINST the cap in the next two seasons...

3. burnout2oo7

burnout2oo7 I Am Dawk's Broken Heart

It depends on what the Rams, Lions, and Bengals are looking for, but as corners get picked in the draft, Lito's value goes up amongst every team looking for a CB. As for Fitz, the longer this ordeal goes on, the more desperate the Cards get, and the more they're willing to settle.

It'd be nice to get a guy right now, but I really don't think waiting can hurt them.

As for the latest on Fitzgerald:

http://rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=1661

I hope Reid's stubbornness to part with picks doesn't screw us over in the end. I'd rather keep Brown and have a WR corp of Fitz, Reggie, and Curtis than keep our first rounder.

4. eaglesrule4ever

Yeah i heard they offered either a 2nd or 3rd round pick to you guys want a link.

5. burnout2oo7

Yeah, post it. The rotoworld rumor didn't really say if the deal was rejected (though it seemed to imply it).

6. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

The Eagles aren't interested in any of the free agent WRs. They are a non-factor. It's all about a trade for a top flight WR or nothing at that position.

7. eaglesrule4ever

I was gonna post a link but profootballweekly took it down!

8. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

I really think the Eagles can win the NFC East without picking up a "playmaker". As long as the offensive line can stop the great pass rushers in the NFC East, McNabb can make it all happen with time. Hes had 1 1/2 or 2 bad seasons. The same quarterback is in there who took them to the NFC Championship all those times, even without T.O (playmaker), and Westbrook is even better than he was back then.

9. smeags

smeags militant geek

i hear ya crowned but we want more than just another division title. we want a parade.

10. burnout2oo7

One with a lot of green, but the minimum amount of drunk irish men. :icon_mrgreen:

I agree we can compete without picking up another WR, but I'd rather play it safe and bring one in. Bring in a guy who can be a deep threat and take attention away from Westbrook, and this is a championship offense.

11. 86WARD

86WARD -

I see what you're saying about Sheppard's value...but if those teams that are looking for CB help are the ones drafting, then the market/demand gets a little smaller with each team...and you're right, to some teams that value goes high. Teams you possibly may not want to deal with. Like the Chiefs... But if a team is looking for proven veteran help, there's no doubt that Sheppard's value is high...soaring!

I agree with parting with that first pick. You can't get proven talent like Fitzgerald in any draft. They may becomethat talent one day, but to pass on the proven to draft an unknown...never understood it. Age really isn't a factor either.

12. DawkinsINT

I better be one of those drunk Irish men. :icon_cool:

13. burnout2oo7

You were the first one I thought of Dawk...well, after McNabb.:icon_mrgreen:

14. smeags

smeags militant geek

yep, and use the draft to get dawkins replacement along with some more help for the defense and special teams.

15. bad_man_ewan

bad_man_ewan mother funkey

i can feel it, eagles are taking the superbowl home this year!!

16. Captain_Jack

Captain_Jack Starter

Eagles n Redskins, cant wait for that game.
    Unlucky in not making the playoffs last season, but thats life lol
    N with Fitzgerald gone back to Cardinals........

17. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Im gonna call it now.Eagles v Browns SB. Eagles win

18. 86WARD

86WARD -

That would be one of the worst things ever!!! BUT...I can't say I don't like the match-up...interesting.

19. eaglesrule4ever

Eagles have dan klecko the DT visiting the novacare complex he played for the Colts last year and hes that guy that catches touchdowns in the redzone if he signs with the eagles we will slide him to Fullback which would make him a 295 pound fullback with nice speed and has some good hands.

20. DawkinsINT

Klecko's from around here, but meh.