AP Wins Another Award

Discussion in 'Minnesota Vikings' started by FSUViking, Apr 6, 2008.

1. FSUViking

FSUViking BANNED

[​IMG] Peterson Honored For Charity Work

By Viking Update Staff

Posted Apr 5, 2008

Adrian Peterson earned a lot of honors as a rookie for the Vikings last year, but his achievements haven't been limited to the football field. Last night, he was honored for his off-the-field work as part of the JB Awards ceremony in Washington D.C.

Adrian Peterson corralled a lot of awards during his rookie season, but Friday he was honored for his activities off the field as one of the recipients of the NFL PLAYERS Gala JB Awards. The award, named for CBS NFL Today host James Brown, honors players who take an active role in their communities with charity work. The event, which was held Friday in Washington D.C., was co-sponsored by NFL PLAYERS the licensing and advertising arm of the NFL Players Association.

Peterson was selected as one of the recipients of the Emerging Leader Award for his volunteer work with Special Olympics Minnesota, The African American Adoption Agency and the Make-A-Wish Foundation of Minnesota. He also recently began his own foundation the Adrian Peterson All Day Foundation and will host a youth football camp in Oklahoma this June.

Other NFL athletes that were honored included Dan Marino, Derrick Brooks, Amobi Okoye, Marques Douglas, Chris Draft, Warrick Dunn, Braylon Edwards, Israel Idonije, Kassim Osgood, Matt Stover, Mack Strong, James Thrash, Kurt Warner, Brian Waters and Roy Williams.

http://www.min.scout.com

2. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

He's fastly becoming one of my favorite players...

4. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

that is great for him. always good to hear about good things these guys do off the field besides for going to strip clubs

5. spent

spent TSZ Groupie

good on him!

I like him too...hard not to!

6. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

As Nate said, way better than making the headlines for strip club visits or bar brawls.

Congrats AP

7. FSUViking

FSUViking BANNED

I think it's also worth noting Amobi Okoye too. Kid is what, 19 years old? And he's getting recognized for charity and off the field contributions? That's really impressive.

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

yeah no crap...it's about time we got a good article out here about an NFL Player!! :icon_thumright:

9. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

who is AP?

10. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Associated Press :icon_cheesygrin:

11. Rips Vikes

Rips Vikes GO VIKES!!!

That's what I was wondering. It's AD people!!!

Good story though, love this guy.