Jets Trade DT Robertson To Broncos For '09 Draft Pick

Discussion in 'Denver Broncos' started by ravenfan52, Apr 24, 2008.

1. ravenfan52

ravenfan52 Perennial All Pro

I previously posted the original article from NFL.com. It was updated since I posted it, so here's updated article (the difference is that originally it was just a Schefter report but then it was confirmed by Mike Shannahan):

"The New York Jets have traded defensive tackle Dewayne Robertson to the Denver Broncos for a conditional 2009 draft choice, coach Mike Shanahan announced Thursday. The move improves a great position of need for the Broncos.

The conditional draft pick will be a late-round selection, reports NFL Networks' Adam Schefter.

Robertson (6-foot-1, 310 pounds) is a sixth-year player who joins the Broncos after playing his first five professional seasons with the Jets. New York selected him with the fourth overall pick of the 2003 NFL Draft from the University of Kentucky.

In 77 career regular-season games (75 starts), Robertson has totaled 319 tackles (188 solo), 14.5 sacks (106 yds.), four forced fumbles, two fumble recoveries and two pass breakups. He also has totaled 18 tackles (11 solo) in three career playoff games (3 starts).

Robertson has played every game in four of his five seasons and missed only three games for his career.

The Broncos also on Thursday waived center Norm Katnik."

--NFL.com

2. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

one of broncos biggest needs

3. Ablaze

Ablaze wtf?

no doubt about that.

4. ravenfan52

I'm just surprised the Jets didn't get more than a "late conditional '09 pick" for a former top 5 selection. Good move for the Broncos though.

5. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Now it's up to Robertson to prove it was the Jets scheme that was holding him back and not just a lack of ability.

6. TDJets72027

TDJets72027 Rex Ryan baby

Yeah, we should have gotten like a 2nd round pick, and a couple Day 2 picks for him.

7. ravenfan52

no
    yes

8. Ablaze

Ablaze wtf?

2nd round pick? Get out of here.....

9. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

broncos trade away more future picks than any team ive ever seen before lol

10. Stillelman

Stillelman Mommy told me I'm special

Crap, he could lie down, with those poor knees, and stop the run better than the team last year.

Pretty good sign, and even if he is only good for a few years maybe that will let Thomas grow into where he was originally projected.

11. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

You what? :icon_rolleyes: