Update: Post Icons Back Up

Discussion in 'Site News' started by SRW, May 20, 2008.

1. burnout2oo7

burnout2oo7 I Am Dawk's Broken Heart

If they make me take down my sig and avatar, I am seriously going to make a trip down to the league office with a baseball bat and smash some skulls. At some point, even those heckers have to realize how ludicrous all of this is.

2. Bears 88

Bears 88 FTW

I don't want to stir crap up.

But, this site is lame without the color icons.

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

Could Soccer, Wrestling, Racing, Video Games be lumped into 4 seperate Icons?

I could do all the NFL ones to start - if you want. SRW, I could submit you several sample designs. What would be the easiest way to get them to you? Email?

Maybe RB could do NHL and JJ MLB ????

4. Marion Who?

Marion Who? Captain Stiff Arm

For once, this guy says something worth reading.

Without the post icons, it just looks crap for some reason. You can't tell what any thread is because they all look the same, and you cannot tell the context of a thread without an icon.

I say thanks to all that are making an effort here, Graphics artists and all the mods and admins.

5. Jammin Jaguar

Jammin Jaguar English Student.

Careful Marion Who?.

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

FREAK THAT! :2up:

7. Jammin Jaguar

Jammin Jaguar English Student.

That's a good idea to get the job done quickly, but a.) I think SRW already has some old icons that didn't include the team logos on them and b.) I know next to nothing about the MLB so wouldn't feel right doing them! :moe:

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

We could work out some system. I think it would be best if one person did each league, that way there would be design consistency. I may try to do a few samples tonight and get them over to steve...

9. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Just everyone knows Steve will be working on the site tomorrow all day, and that icon you made 86 isn't the the right size should be 50 x 70.

10. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

I could do NBA.

11. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

i like the post icons and stuff but uts not about the look but our content and conversaions that count and all the fun too just my .02

12. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

rep to you my friend....

13. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

Thanks to all who are trying to help with the graphics. I am not skilled at that and really appreciate the effort. I agree that the most important thing about this site isn't the icons and stuff....It's abut being uncensored and all the threads that the members support. Great job by our MOD's and Admins....hats off to all of them.

14. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Fans refugee

Is the MLB/NBA also going after you or is it more to prevent future problems?

15. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Something could come out of all this in the long run, we could have some very unique and different teams and post icons that no one else has to match our uncensored site.

Boltz it's only the NFL but we want to make sure that something like this doesn't happen again and we want all the icons to match the site so we may as well do them all since we have some of the bestest graphix guys around.

16. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

Maybe that's your silver lining Sweets!!!:icon_cheesygrin:

17. TSZ Geez

TSZ Geez Hot Tub Security

thats total BS what the NFL is doing to you guys! how dare the NFL be promoted....

:icon_eek::icon_eek::icon_eek::icon_eek::icon_eek::icon_eek::icon_eek:

18. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

well Doug I'm seriously looking for one. You have no idea what a headache this has been and the fact that most of our members are keeping their cool and understanding this process helps a lot.

maybe we should trademark or whatever the term is our site and the icons we eventually use so that we make sure no one steals them from us..cost wise I have no idea how much that is but it's probable worth looking into...

19. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Fans refugee

btw this probably isn't the best time to mention it but I own the trademark for the word "fans" and I'm going to need to ask you guys to remove the word from your url. Thanks.

20. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

where the heck is that BANNED logo