Sacks Don't Scare Steelers

Discussion in 'Pittsburgh Steelers' started by 86WARD, May 29, 2008.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

Ben Roethlisberger said he has a better grasp of the offense Bruce Arians installed last year and is more cognizant of where his outlet receivers are when he comes under a heavy rush. Better awareness, Roethlisberger said, should cut down the number of times he is sacked this season.

"I'm still going to get (sacked), because I'm still going to try to scramble and make plays," said Roethlisberger, who became the highest-paid player in Steelers history in March. "You look at all the big plays we've made, and then you take the sacks. You kind of have to live with it."

Source: Pittsburgh Tribune-Review

2. Jtracey10

Jtracey10 Jets in '08

Right, we'll see if he's saying that in January.

3. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

imo this line is better than 06 and 07....no where near 05 though

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

:icon_rolleyes:

5. reigningblkngold

reigningblkngold Minister of defense

I'm sure He'll be saying it in january question is will he be at home saying it or still playing in playoffs!

6. Jtracey10

Jtracey10 Jets in '08

How is that line better than last season? What major upgrades have occured? You lost you best lineman in Faneca, he may not be the best pass blocker but he is one of the best Run blockers in the league.

I really can't see the Steelers going to far with that O-line. They may prove me wrong but that's JMO for now.

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

Hartwig is a HUGE upgrade over Sean Mahan. Just to get Mahan off the line is a monster upgrade and if you say otherwise, you haven't been paying attention. That is a bigger upgrade than the Faneca loss...

8. K Train

id rather have 4 lineman on than have mahan be there. hes that guy that when he leaves you get better....the bucs line was pretty badass this year...without mr mahan.

9. 86WARD

86WARD -

:icon_lol:

10. Anidem

Anidem Official demonic presence

you are also forgetting that LT marvel Smith is now healthy after playing injured all last season.

Faneca did not have that good of a season last year so I also believe the upgrades at C and LT way outweigh the downgrade at LG.

Also Max Starks should get his RT job back. I think Colon as the starter was just to put it to Starks who underperformed on 06.

11. K Train

tomlin loves colon and for good reason...the dude is mean and he plays well, hes a much better fit for guard than tackle though...hes a servicable tackle but his arms are kinda short. id love him to take fanecas spot but RG would be good too