Troy Polamalu Trains Like A Figure Skater

Discussion in 'Pittsburgh Steelers' started by K Train, May 23, 2008.

1. Jtracey10

Jtracey10 Jets in '08

My point remains, Safeties with the talent of Rhodes, Lynch and Polamalu will line up everywhere, regardless of what they are listed as. Are you trying to tell me John Lynch is better vs the Pass than against the run because he's a free safety? LOL

It doesn't matter much at all.

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

:icon_lol:

Okay.

:icon_thumright:

3. Jtracey10

Jtracey10 Jets in '08

Can I also add that I have seen all but one of Troy Polamalu's games over the last 2 seasons and a fair few of John Lynch's too.

I watch a lot of NFL. LOL

4. WarEagle

WarEagle Team Veteran

The definitions of FS and SS are absolutely relative to the scheme in which they play, you are correct. FS in Denver, John Lynch, leans more towards run support. FS in Indianapolis is a tweener, almost a CB in Bob Sanders.

5. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

in troys case hes a srong safety that can do neither well, but look like the king of the jungle doing it. Even if he is a SS, im always gonna look at him like a FS*

*Figure Skater

6. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

I wanna fight Troy Polamalu, I'll knock him out.

7. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

:rollinglaugh: Rep.

What title you give a safety doesn't matter as much these days. Schemes and responsibilities can change from week to week depending on the opponent.

8. WarEagle

WarEagle Team Veteran

I hear you, man. But I would respect you a lot more if I saw you say that TO him, and not ABOUT him. The internet curiously bestows boldness and courage where it would otherwise be starkly absent. :icon_cool:

9. K Train

dude i got huge e-muscles

id say it to him, whats he gonna do? beat my ass? hes to much of a hippie...hed say in his michael jackson-like voice...well ktrain im sorry you feel that way.

and then he would walk away, eat a carrot, brush his hair (43 strokes) and meditate in the sun to get his daily dose of vitamin D, in which case he would put on his yoga pants and balance on one leg for 45 minutes in a field of daisys writing poetry

10. WarEagle

WarEagle Team Veteran

LOL! Rep4U

11. Jtracey10

Jtracey10 Jets in '08

Brilliant.:icon_cheesygrin:

12. PurplePeopleEaters

PurplePeopleEaters moon over minnie!

kerry rhodes? ha ha. they're both turd amd they both produce fairly the same. however, whoever said they are different is 100% right. they both sick but you csn't compare how much they suck.

13. 86WARD

86WARD -

:icon_rolleyes:

14. falcon_91

falcon_91 Pro Bowler

Didn't Polamalu not train like this last season and got hurt, where as when he has been training like this he hasn't misse dmore than like a game....

15. Ridin Burgundy

Ridin Burgundy on the Magic Bandwagon

QFT!

16. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

There haven't been any games yet.

17. K Train

Wrong. Troy didn't start this type of routine until he was in the NFL. When he attended USC he worked out in their weightroom with weights ... in the manner that real football players train which is why was was about 15 pounds heavier than his current "flee" weight. He didn't start the "unconventional" routine until his 2nd or 3rd year in the league ... claiming that its what his body was telling him was good for him at this stage of his career. and then crap went downhill