Soriano Injured

Discussion in 'Baseball Talk' started by signofvictory, Jun 11, 2008.

1. signofvictory

signofvictory Go Cubs Go!!

At tonight's game against the Atlanta Braves, Fonzie was struck by a pitch that ended up fracturing his hand that will take him out for pretty much the summer. Thoughts?

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/chi-ap-bbn-cubs-sorianoout,0,2067580.story?track=rss

Personally, even though it's a blow to the Cubs, I think they'll be fine. They did pretty good without him when he was injured before, so hopefully things go as good if not better this summer.

2. burnout2oo7

burnout2oo7 I Am Dawk's Broken Heart

Wow. That lineup is damn good outside of Soriano and the defense will only get better now, but I still think it's a big blow for the Cubs. Who is going to hit lead-off now?

3. WC Jerome

WC Jerome The poster formerly known as 'MK'!!

This is really bad timing, especially since he's been contributing with his bat lately. They are gonna suffer from his absense a little. But as Sov said, I think they will survive. As for leading off. I think they will either put Theriot or Reed Johnson in that spot.

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

Not good for the Cubbies!

5. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Soriano OUT up to 6 weeks.

6. Crunkbuc4d1

Crunkbuc4d1 Sweets' Man Slave

damn..he's been hot too. I guess this is what I get for messing with Cards fans.

7. rachel53426

rachel53426 Starter

It only hurts the payroll, he is one of the highest paid cubbie, yeah it sucks, but since everyone is doing a great job hitting and fielding we should be fine.

8. Bears 88

Bears 88 FTW

Give him some more money. :laughpound:

9. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Maybe now you can find out his real age :lol:

10. smeags

smeags militant geek

:icon_frown:

11. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

He's got his $136 million, he's happy.

12. Crunkbuc4d1

Crunkbuc4d1 Sweets' Man Slave

I thnk he's being paid enough for half a season

13. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

that looked like it hurt when I saw it on sportscenter. its really bad timing. he has been really helping out this team alot

14. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

thats what they get for beating the braves that day. :icon_evil: