Crosstown Classic: Sox @ Cubs

Discussion in 'Baseball Talk' started by Bears 88, Jun 17, 2008.

1. WC Jerome

WC Jerome The poster formerly known as 'MK'!!

I believe the 'runners left on base' count was something like 8-1, disadvantage White Sox, of course. I never really thought the game was over. You're right about Denks, though. He did pitch great. I was excited to Dotel come in the game. The Cubs used to do pretty good against him when he was an Astro.

2. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

The only part I loved about the game was AJ hitting ANOTHER home run in wrigley field, lol.

3. WC Jerome

The part I loved was when A.J. was yappin' in the dugout after striking out in the top of the 9th on called check swing...BE GONE!!! :icon_lol:

4. TDJets72027

TDJets72027 Rex Ryan baby

Cubs win.

5. URL54MVP

URL54MVP Pro Bowler

I'm surprised Bears 88 has not posted again in the thread yet. :icon_cheesygrin:

Nice win today. Marquis was his usual shaky self but the Cubs gave him enough runs to work with. I did not like the pitching matchups all that well in the first two games so to already have the series win clinched, it feels good. After that debacle of a series in TB, the Cubs needed to get back on track and they have done that.

6. Gregster

Gregster Chi Town Fanatic!

That 9 run inning barrage the Cubs through up was awesome it don't get any better then this !

7. WC Jerome

Today was thing of beauty!!! No matter what happens, I never feel like they are out of a game. That 9-run 4th was fun to watch!!! :icon_cheesygrin:

8. TDJets72027

TDJets72027 Rex Ryan baby

Cubs are playing like a World Series team.

9. WC Jerome

Don't jinx us, dude!!! :icon_cheesygrin:

I'm a huge Cub fan, but even I don't wanna start talkin' World Series just yet. :icon_biggrin:

10. URL54MVP

URL54MVP Pro Bowler

Great series. I really enjoyed it. :icon_cheesygrin:

11. signofvictory

signofvictory Go Cubs Go!!

Ditto that.

12. WC Jerome

Get ready, y'all!!! Time to forget about the Orioles & Dodgers. The scene of crosstown rivalry will shift to the south side of Chicago tomorrow afternoon.

13. DaBearsrule4ever

Here are the pitching matchups for round 2.

Friday: Jose Contreas (6-6) vs. Ryan Dempster (9-2)
    Saturday: Javiar Vazquez (7-6) vs. Sean Gallagher (3-3)
    Sunday: Mark Buehrle (5-6) vs. Sean Marshall (0-1)

14. WC Jerome

THAT DAMN SWISHER!!! :icon_evil:

15. chiefswin19games

chiefswin19games Don't be defeated.

Hadn't watched baseball in awhile. Swisher looks like he dropped about 25 pounds.

16. DaBearsrule4ever

LMAO!

17. WC Jerome

Yeah, I bet you got a kick out of that yesterday! :icon_rolleyes: We'll see what happens today!! :icon_biggrin:

I didn't really notice. Why? Was he bigger in Oakland? Did he used to look like he had the same pharmicist (Oops, I'm sorry! I meant, same health nutrition consultant) as Roger Clemens or something? :icon_cheesygrin:

18. DaBearsrule4ever

Hopefully we'll be talking about the Sox winning today, lol.