The Official Philadelphia Eagles Thread

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by smeags, Aug 27, 2007.

1. fireben6000

fireben6000 Starter

Who, other than westbrook, is going to thrive on the eagles this year? Mcnabb?

2. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

Our offense has still been ranked in the top 10 the past 2 years we dont need big names just need to have good chemistry. And our defense is going to be great imo. We were amazing at stoping the run last year and now we have samuel sheppard and brown in our secondary not to mention dawkins.

3. smeags

smeags militant geek

no we did not get to the super bowl without a #1 wideout. we may have gotten through the playoffs without owens but don't let the howard eskins of the world convice you of this silly notion. if not for owens we wouldn't have had HFA in '04.

this claim may hold some merrit if you point out a team like pittsburgh who spent most of the time running the ball - oh wait, they had hines wards - but name me one WCO team to win the superbowl that didn't have a top notch WR.

4. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Don't forget Chris Clemons and Trevor Laws. Adding a couple of fast, high energy young guns to the d-line rotation can only be a good thing.

5. burnout2oo7

burnout2oo7 I Am Dawk's Broken Heart

I don't know if Laws will contribute much to the defense, but I really like the versatility that having three starting caliber CBs and a DE/LB in Clemons gives us. Offenses won't know what hit them. It's kind of like when Rocky learned to fight right-handed, except it isn't at all.

6. Greg Brosh

Greg Brosh Local Eagles Fan Fantasy Guru

interesting hypothetical question.

if the Packers traded/cut Favre. would you, as the Eagles GM, sign him if you knew you could move McNabb for 2 good picks before training camp?

7. ball in the baskett

No way im not a big fan of favre he throws to many ints.

8. burnout2oo7

No. What are we going to do with 3 first round draft picks in next year's draft?

Though TO would do it in a heart beat, I'd rather have McNabb than Favre.

9. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

All rational thinking says heck no, but... after a little thought... yes, I would. I hate to admit, but I've given up on 5. I also hate to think how many championships we might have had if Favre was our QB since 1999.

I know it's taboo to rag on McNabb, but fug it.

Uhh.... draft three of the top prospects in the draft, or take two and trade one for another 1st in 2010.

10. burnout2oo7

I wouldn't want to spend that much money on draft picks in one year. And I don't really see the point of having two first round draft picks for two years in a row when Reid doesn't like to use one.

Not that any of it matters. It's an interesting hypothetical, but 1) Favre will either be a Packer or stay retired (more than likely the latter) and 2) we wouldn't get that much for McNabb.

I don't think we would have done much different with Favre as our QB instead of McNabb. What did McNabb have to work with? He won some games with his legs when he had to, Favre wouldn't have been able to do that.

11. ball in the baskett

Especially with the amount of money rookies are getting paid. And i agree about favre im not a fan of his. Yea he has the TD record but hes been playing for such a long time. Another reason i dont like him is cause he throws so many picks.

12. 86WARD

86WARD -

The Eagles on paper could be a logical place for Favre to land...
    • Familiar with the offense.
    • Has a great relationship with Andy Reid.
    • Has a great relationship with Marty Morningwheg.
    • McNabb is having "shoulder problems."
    • Could mentor Kevin Kolb for 2 seasons.
    Will it happen? No way... there's a .0000000000000000000000000000001/100 percent chance that it would happen...and even that may be high.

:icon_rolleyes:

13. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

14. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

I freaking loved Byron Evans, he was the man!!!!!!!!!!!

15. DawkinsINT

The B&E Express! :buttrock:

16. mike oxlong

B & E you were a tackling machine, I remember it like it was yesterday, he ran our defense.

one thing though Byron, WTF is up with your kids names?

17. DawkinsINT

At least he didn't go the George Foreman route when naming his kids.

18. mike oxlong

true, Buddy could really pick defensive players, couldn't he?

Too bad he sucked at picking offense, except for arkansas fred and calvin williams

19. DawkinsINT

By the time Buddy cared about offense it was too late. It's a shame because that defense should have won multiple championships.

20. mike oxlong

-we would have in the year of 100 QB's and also the year after Jerome died, if he didn't die