Earl Campbell Award (June.08)

Discussion in 'Site News' started by SRW, Jun 29, 2008.

?

Who Should Win The Earl Campbell Award This Month?

1. signofvictory

3 vote(s)
    8.3%
  2. RaMsFaN4eVa

13 vote(s)
    36.1%
  3. Dee

20 vote(s)
    55.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

[​IMG] Earl Campbell Award
    This award is for the winner of the Rookie of the Month award. The winner of this award has impressed the members in a short amount of time with their posts and shows promise that one day they could be a key member of the site.

Ok people, time to vote for the winner of this award. The voting thread will be open up until Tuesday, July 1st @ 9:00pm PST.

2. Susielr

Susielr Go Steelers

Everyone is great but Dee got my vote.

3. Jammin Jaguar

Jammin Jaguar English Student.

I voted for Dee. I would have voted for signofvictory but he went quiet after a few days.

4. Marion Who?

Marion Who? Captain Stiff Arm

Gotta be my PM Baby Dee. :icon_cool:

5. Dee

Dee Team Veteran

:lola: thanks you guys

6. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

All due respect, but who are these people? Anyone ever post in a football thread?
    A post tramp winning the Cambell Award, that's kinda sad. :eek:hboy:

7. Jammin Jaguar

Jammin Jaguar English Student.

That's what happened when Eaglesrule4ever won it.

8. Dee

Dee Team Veteran

with all due respect, it isnt even football season yet, so is that fair? I go there and I read the things posted but usually dont comment on it, I have a few times but typically I dont comment on news stories. I understand your point though, but if I am just concidered a "post tramp" here, please someone let me know

9. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

It's nothing personal. And everyone's contributions to every section of this site, Off-Topic Forum included, are important.

However, to me the Campbell Award is special because it recognises the contributions of members who make this a better site to discuss football. That is what we are first and foremost. I think of past winners such as Saintsfan1972, Cheezymadman, nastynate184, Jammin Jaguar, K Train, DallasArmor09, 86WARD who have made this site better. I always quickly know who to vote for each month, even if my choice doesn't win, as is often the case. This month I had never even heard of the 3 candidates. I clicked on each of their profiles only to find not 1 football section post amongst them. Granted, it's the off-season. But not one???? That bugs me.

10. Susielr

Susielr Go Steelers

I know its called the Earl Campbell award but this is an all sports site....not just for football. Maybe they posted in other sports threads.

11. Dee

Dee Team Veteran

well maybe you should contact the admins and have us all removed, seems very important to you and makes sense, I understand where you are coming from, of course as a newbie coming in it makes me feel like a complete butthole so I'd like to be taken out of the contest please and thanks

12. SRW

Dee.....drop the "woe is me" drama. Your peers nominated you and if someone disagrees then that is life. Let the vote dictate what people feel. wide right is entitled to his opinion but bowing out over a disagreement of opinions isn't the route to go. We don't need any pity parties here to sway our opinions.

BTW, I voted for you.

13. Dee

Dee Team Veteran

no, I didnt mean it because of that, I mean I kinda agree with him actually lol
    didnt mean to come forth as a drama queen, I'm sorry, wasnt my intention

14. SRW

The "makes me feel like a complete butthole so I'd like to be taken out of the contest please" made it sound that way. IMO you are worthy of being here. Yes we are a football site first and foremost, but we also have people who join this site for other reasons besides football. Some come to join just for the O&A section, some want to chat in the Lounge, etc. I feel that whoever wins the award is someone who adds to the community as a whole, and while NFL talk is always a MAJOR plus I personally think it's not always the determining factor in if someone is a viable winner.

15. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

I voted for Dee also and no you're not considered JUST a post ho, you are a member of GIF 1st and foremost...:applausec:

16. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

I voted for Dee also....I also noticed on Wide Right's list that a few of those past winners no longer are contributing posters. I hope this award isn't like being on the cover of Madden. I know the guy who beat me for the award didn't post hardly a day after he won. I say welcome to whomever comes to the site and has posted enough to be a nominee....keep them posts a comin'

17. ravenfan52

ravenfan52 Perennial All Pro

Last month we were stacked. This month, not so much. I came a month too late. I voted for Ramsfan

18. signofvictory

signofvictory Go Cubs Go!!

Well, I know I won't win, but it was an honor actually being nominated for this so thank you...

Also, I'd like to apologize for not posting that much the past week or so. I just started a new job and have been completely exhausted but I'm here to stay, no worries.

As for the whole football post issue... Well, to be honest, I'm not that much of a football fan.. yet. I will be, as I've only been getting into sports recently with baseball being the first, then within the last two years basketball. I'm slowly getting into football and sooner or later, I'll contribute. For now, I won't, I'll stick to what I know. :)

19. afjay

afjay Click. Clack.

Glad you're here to stay, there is a reason why we have all of the forums we do. We want to have something for everyone and hopefully you can learn to love football like we all do.

20. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

SOV, congrats on the new job and welcome back from the dead tired...lol Most of us are sports fanatics of some kind so it's all good. :applausec:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.