John Cena To Win WWE Title At Night Of Champions?

Discussion in 'Wrestling Talk' started by SRW, Jun 29, 2008.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Looks like there are rumors that an advertisement for September's Unforgiven in the venue's box office might give clues to what will happen tonight on Night Of Champions.

From SEScoops.com:
    The posted has this byline: "The War to End it All". Is it a sign that Cena will beat HHH tonight and win the WWE Title? Also, is it forshadowing a heel turn for Batista on RAW?

2. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

I kinda figured this since after the draft on monday. Either Cena winning or Batista beating Edge, one of the two.

3. Crunkbuc4d1

Crunkbuc4d1 Sweets' Man Slave

Is has t be Cena...that title only fits him. Unless they're going to switch to a new belt, it's Cena's to lose.

4. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

he has to almost win, to get the title back on raw, unless they get HHH to win, and CM Punk to Cash In and win the title.

5. Jtracey10

Jtracey10 Jets in '08

Ugh, I'm hoping to God they take that toy that they call a 'title' and heck it away off for good. I was hoping Batista would win simply because I want the WHC back on Raw. The Belt that I can actually take seriously.

6. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

nah, they'd definitely not cut Edge's reign that short, hopefully.. and at least keep it in the hands of someone that can actually wrestle.

7. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

Maybe thats why they never changed the belt cause they knew he would get it back.

8. Jtracey10

Jtracey10 Jets in '08

I prefer Edge to Batista, I just hate seeing that damn WWE Title. It's just awful looking.

Raw is going to suck enough now that Ortons out, it will be basically unwatchable with Cena and Batista probably having a 4 month feud over the toy.:icon_rolleyes:

Why cant they just bring back?

[​IMG]

Well it's basically confirmed now that Edge-Batista are having their match 1st. The Title switch will always come in the Main Event.

9. Crunkbuc4d1

don't be shocked if they have both Edge & HH win tonite. Vince likes to keep the fans on their toes.

10. Jtracey10

Jtracey10 Jets in '08

This also has me thinking. Elimination chamber?

My prediction:

Edge comes out and screws over HHH. They are going to be feuding on Smackdown anyways.

If the whole poster thing is bogus then the only other scenario I could imagine could be CM Punk coming out and taking a Belt to Raw either after the match or within the week.

Holy Crap you were right.

Nice curve ball Vince.

11. Crunkbuc4d1

lmao...this must be my night. wrestling is easy to predict if you've studied it long enough. the patterns are there....all they do is recycle storylines and gimmicks.

12. DaBearsrule4ever

Thats dumb to have both the WWE Title and the World Heavyweight title on Smackdown.

13. Greg Brosh

Greg Brosh Local Eagles Fan Fantasy Guru

yeah RAW is going to suck for awhile until they get the championship back.

HHH: Yeah i'll go to Smackdown because it benefits me and will allow me to see stephanie more, but i don't want to relinquish the title. him and his crap politics are ruining everything. I had thought they would have had Cena win so HHH could work a program with Edge, but I guess he feels Edge is still too far below him.

Crunk I agree. Vince has been recycling the same old crap for awhile now.

14. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

Like this:

Wasn't that the name of the precursor to Wrestlemania? Remember the old closed circuit shows in arenas before PPV?

15. DaBearsrule4ever

RAW and ECW are merging within the next month or two I believe. It's still dumb though to have both the World Heavyweight Title and WWE Title on Smackdown. The ECW Title is the lowest rung of those three world titles. I never saw Edge losing to Batista last night knowing Vince likes him as the World Heavyweight Champion. As for Triple H, well, seeing that there were spoilers on the internet prior to the ppv last night saying Cena would win, i'm not too suprised that Triple H ended up winning. Granted i'm happy Cena isn't the WWE Champion BUT RAW needs a world title. Vince, you hecked this up badly.

16. Greg Brosh

the only thing i can think of is that they want both championships on Smackdown for the new network they will be moving to. Same with the Jim Ross trade. They want to make it the best they can so they start out with good ratings.

RAW can pretty much stand on it's own for the summer run, but they will start to lose viewers once the NFL starts.

The one thing that bothers me nowadays is the fact that they don't put as much emphasis on the lower-rung titles (intercontinental and US championship). Even the tag titles are blah.

I remember back when Randy Savage held the belt, the matches were almost, if not as big as the heavyweight title matches. Now the belts mean nothing. Ricky Steamboat beating Savage at Wrestlemania 3 was huge.

I remember a ways back when the NWA had the television title. and for as small a title as it was, they still built up the matches.

17. Crunkbuc4d1

The two lower titles that dominated wrestling were both in WCW...the TV & Cruiserweight Championships. I tuned in just to watch those title matches, and the cruiserweight division always stole the show. It's too bad Vince ran than title into the ground.

18. Greg Brosh

the cruiserweight championship was great because everyone did high-flying moves that vince doesn't allow anymore.

hell, the best tag-team championship matches were always the three-way tag matches with the hardys, edge/christian, and the dudley boys.

I'm tired of HHH being the main guy and not putting over anyone younger, but a lot of these stupid hillbilly fans eat him up, so Vince will always let HHH run the show.

19. signofvictory

signofvictory Go Cubs Go!!

First off... Just wanted to agree with the guy that hates the spinner belt. That is my least favorite title ever. I thought it was just for Cena but then Edge won it and it remained a spinner belt, then RVD, Triple H, etc... It's pathetic. Should be like the Smoking Skull belt to Austin, for Cena, if anything.

Secondly, I was pretty confused last night when I saw that both Edge and Triple H retained. The only thing I can think of is two things. One, either one or both feuds will continue or like Incubus said, CM Punk (or some other challenger somehow) will bring a title to Raw. Or two, Edge and Triple H will merge the titles on Smackdown for yet another UNDISPUTED CHAMPION :0 ... And Raw will get it's own brand new title.

That's pretty much all I can think of. If not that, the only thing I can see happening is for now, they will just focus on the other titles. Because if the ECW title is going to be defended on Raw, I will seriously stop watching it because I cannot stand Mark Henry.

20. Greg Brosh

speaking of the cruiserwight belt, does anyone even hold that anymore?

i would be very surprised to see a program between HHH and Edge. Trips didn't want anything to do with Edge when both were on RAW, which is why Edge moved. So I would be very surprised if HHH has a change of heart.

The rumor is that HHH will end up back on RAW somehow in a trade.