If You Had To Predict The Playoff 12 Now...

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by ncnvader, Jun 28, 2008.

1. ravenfan52

ravenfan52 Perennial All Pro

move this crap to the already existing thread!

2. Wes McSnipes

Wes McSnipes Rams Fan

AFC:

1.) Patriots - Given.
    2.) Colts - Given.
    3.) Chargers - LT = Given.
    4.) Steelers - Good defense and solid offense.
    5.) Jaguars - Smash mouth football with a good 'D'.
    6.) Browns - Wildcard team that is really starting to turn it around on both sides of the ball.

NFC:

1.) Cowboys - Great offense, solid 'D'. Best team in NFC.
    2.) Packers - Should get a little worse with no Favre, but the NFC as a whole is fairly weak so they still end up as #2 seed.
    3.) Panthers - Every single year I think the Panthers are going to be the surprise team that does well. Why? I don't know. I just really like the way they play football with that defense combined with Steve Smith making big plays on offense.
    4.) Rams - Call me a homer, but I think they will surprise next season. The only reason they were bad last year was because of injuries and Scott Linehan, but they are healthy now and will have Al Saunders running the offense, so I think they could really turn it around and do well. They still have some really good players, don't forget.
    5.) Giants - Defending SB Champs will definitely make the playoffs, although I don't see their regular season record being better than Dallas' which gives them a wild card spot.
    6.) Seahawks - Every year, as a Rams fan I'm thinking "is this the year Seattle falls apart?" - but it hasn't happened. They are a pretty consistent team, and in a fairly weak conference, I see them squaking into the playoffs with a WC spot. I just don't think Minny, Philly, Arizona, New Orleans, or Tampa Bay are as good as Seattle, so those 5 teams will miss out on the postseason, IMO.

3. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

AFC

1. Patriots they are a year older but did not lose much and got some young linebackers in the draft
    2. Colts this is going to be alot harder for the colts this year in previous years but i still think they win the division
    3. Chargers the cream of the afc west right now but i think devner gives them a run for their money
    4. Steelers i see them still winning the division i am not totally sold on the browns
    5. Jacksonville not quiet good enough to beat the colts out for the division crown but good enough to make some noise in the postseason
    6. Denver edges out cleveland

NFC
    1. Cowboys they have all the tools necessary
    2. Packers the d and running game and carry rodgers through his first season
    3. Tampa Bay tampa bay holds strong and wins the division two years in a row
    4. Seahawks this is a close race between the seahawks niners and rams
    5. Eagles added some good players in the offseason if mcnabb stays healthy they should make some noise
    6. Saints also added some quality ingredients in the offseason

4. brakos82

brakos82 30% more cats than last year!

AFC

1. Patriots (13-3) - don't see them going 16-0 again, but they're not going anywhere either.
    2. Colts (12-4) - Indy holds on to their spot in the South by a game over the Jags (see Jags)
    3. Chargers (12-4) - No real competition in the West
    4. Steelers (10-6) - The unpredictable div. in the AFC, but I give the Steelers the edge here.
    5. Jaguars (11-5) - After a strong outing, they fall short of Indy and take the 5th seed again.
    6. Texans (10-6) - Might be a bit of a homer pick, but if everyone's healthy, we should make the playoffs.

NFC
    1. Cowboys (12-4) - just for a lack of a better #1, they stay put.
    2. Vikings (10-6) - My sleeper pick, Johnson's gonna make his way into Favre's surprising shoes.
    3. Rams (9-7) - St. Louis takes the "wild wild" west by sweeping the Seahawks in a similar fashion that they've been taking the Rams.
    4. Falcons (8-8) - The oddities continue in the South, but the division sucks anyways.
    5. Eagles (10-6) - The Eagles are easily a top 3 team in the conference, but being stuck behind the Boys sticks them with seed number 5.
    6. Seahawks (9-7) - And yet, somehow, they manage a 9-7 record thanks to a bunch of turnovers forced by their D.

5. suedon70

suedon70 Sports Chica

AFC:

1. Patriots (will easily win the East, but I think the Bills will be most improved in the division)
    2. Chargers
    3. Browns
    4. Jaguars
    5. Colts
    6. Steelers

NFC:

1. Cowboys (the Giants will miss Strahan a lot...)
    2. Seahawks
    3. Panthers (I think I just threw up in my mouth.....)
    4. Packers
    5. Vikings
    6. Giants

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

Funny how many people DON'T have the Giants listed in their 12...

7. Bulluck53

Bulluck53 NFL-Fans

I don't think so this year. They're definitely headed in the right direction though and third in the South will be a toss-up

AFC

1. New England (#1 Seed due to there Strength of Schedule of lack there-of)
    2. San Diego
    3. Indianapolis
    4. Pittsburgh
    5. Jacksonville
    6. Cleveland

NFC

Dallas
    2. Minnesota
    3. New Orleans
    4. Seattle
    5. New York Giants
    6. Tampa Bay

SB XLIII
    Dallas over San Diego

8. Digitool

Digitool Graphic Artist

you know I wanted to pick the niners and not because I'm a homer, but because last year and the year before were decent years given who we had at WR and offensive coord.
    Maybe if Shaun Hill starts, or Alex Smith pulls his head out of his ass, and the Off. digests martz's complex system, then I think we have the WR to do it. We have solid TEs and RB to get the job done on offense and our line will be better than the past too. Our defense has always been pretty good but being on the field the whole game will make you look bad.

So, it is going to be a hell of a race between all 4 teams.

9. brakos82

brakos82 30% more cats than last year!

QFT... I gave up predicting your guys's division... along with the NFC S... :think:

10. ravenfan52

ravenfan52 Perennial All Pro

QFT

11. Digitool

Digitool Graphic Artist

well ya know I didn't specify ;) haha.

1 team will break .500 and the rest will be slightly lower. No one said it was a powerhouse division LOL.

12. ncnvader

ncnvader Stewart and Williams

The NFC south does not suck. We are going to be a tough division putting the Falcons aside. Look for the Panthers, Bucs, and Saints to all break 9 wins... Falcons 3-4 wins, Aints' 8-9 wins, Bucs 10-11 wins, and panthers with 11+ wins.

We certainly aren't near as good as the NFC East, or the AFC South, but we are better than the NFC West, AFC West, and NFC North.

13. 86WARD

86WARD -

I'd like to see the Panthers get 11 wins, but I don't think they will.

14. bandi

bandi Hall Of Famer

Patriots
    Steelers
    Colts
    Chargers
    Jags
    Browns

Vikings
    Cowboys
    Giants
    Rams
    Saints
    Packers

15. Fricker 4

Fricker 4 Crabtree fall to 10

This just suprises me how people pick the rams to make the playoffs, seriously what have they done in the offseason to be granted this.

But in all honestly i am glad no one is talkin about the 49ers. I hope to keep it that way. Our defense is getting stronger by the day, and i think our offense will suprise people now that we have a coordinator.

But ya thats just my 2 cents of curiosity.