The Official San Francisco 49ers Thread

Discussion in 'San Francisco 49ers' started by afjay, Aug 27, 2007.

1. Platoon 86

Platoon 86 Loony

2. DoubleC

DoubleC i'm ready now...

So do I...

3. fireben6000

fireben6000 Starter

49s a going to be good but it will take a while

They had a decent draft

4. Digitool

Digitool Graphic Artist

The problems with the Niners are Alex Smith and Mike Nolan. I defended Nolan when he came on board. He was supposed to be a savior, but all he did was lead our troops into hell. Smith was supposed to be the key player to save our franchise, yeah... Save us from what? At this point I have more confidence in Hill than Smith. Hill at least showed us he can actually perform I'm still waiting to see Smith "Perform".

But I think that Martz offensive system makes more sense than any previous one we've had lately.

5. SuperBeast

SuperBeast BANNED

you mean its a better than the system we had that was devoid of hot reads and the coaching of qb mechanics? The very system that told d's we have no hot reads so stack 9 in the box bc we're going to run?

lol yeah, i think we might have improved in that aspect....

rep to your post though

6. Digitool

Digitool Graphic Artist

thanks. I know it is something we complain(ed) about over and over... It just doesn't make sense how someone at the professional level could have believed in a system like that.

As a quarterback you don't want to be one dimensional and that is exactly what the system made us.

This technically will be our first look at what Alex Smith can do as a quarterback. We would have sucked if we had Tom Brady in the past... it is just not a good offensive system. Norv Turner was the closest offense we had to being successful but it is nothing compared to martz.

Not that I'm some huge Martz supporter, but I know that he can do some great things with offenses. People are quick to point out his time with the Lions but if you have a team with limited talent then you have a limited ability to help them.

7. SuperBeast

SuperBeast BANNED

those words may come back to haunt you......

8. Digitool

Digitool Graphic Artist

man i hope not.

9. DoubleC

DoubleC i'm ready now...

I liked what Turner did here. Smith could be an above average QB with him.

10. Digitool

Digitool Graphic Artist

turner put us on the right track... but I think Martz will be able to right our ship. I just have that feeling this year. Good D-Coord, good O-Coord, hopefully Nolan don't mess anything up and I like having a GM to help keep Nolan focusing on solely coaching.

Go niners hah.

11. SuperBeast

SuperBeast BANNED

You hit on what i think is the key for our success. We need to take Nolan out of the equation, take him completely out of the offense and limit him on defense. Let our OC and DC guide our ship but use Nolan to set the course.

The less he is involved the better imo.

12. afjay

afjay Click. Clack.

Exactly, I'm so tired of conservative offense which I know is Nolan's style. Playing not to lose is not good enough. We need to play to win.

13. MadMoxxiFavGun

MadMoxxiFavGun Going Crazy

do we have a good o-line yet?:icon_cheesygrin:

14. SuperBeast

SuperBeast BANNED

conservative was mooch.....as bad as that sounds..

15. Digitool

Digitool Graphic Artist

I think the o-line is fine. It's not great, but it's not terrible. The young guys are another year older and more experienced...

16. SuperBeast

SuperBeast BANNED

If you keep your pass plays in a three or five step drop the oline will be just fine >crosses fingers< have them run block even when passing. Most lineman are better at run blocking than pass blocking anyhow. The running attack should be more quick hitting traps and draws and then let the runners vision take over. Constant pressure on the d-line and an easy bulldozing day for the oline.

not that we'll ever do it lol

17. Digitool

Digitool Graphic Artist

I have faith in our O-Line to be able to hold for a big 7-step drop... however we'll mostly drop 5 i think... you never know with martz, but one thing I like is how he's not affraid to call a shovel pass and seriously... foster and gore are 2 guys I would trust with a shovel pbutt... gore could knock over the ILB and get 10 yards easy... foster could work his way through for probably the same yardage, and both backs are capable of busting up the field for major yards if they don't get double teamed at the line.

18. 52ThaBeast

52ThaBeast Special Teamer

New here, Whatz up 2 all the niner fanz

19. SuperBeast

SuperBeast BANNED

whats up man? always good to have another 9er fan in the house!!

look forward to reading your posts...make them good and make them often.

20. Platoon 86

Platoon 86 Loony

^Yeah, that. Welcome aboard, dude. :buttrock: