Daunte Culpepper Has A Fool For An Agent: Himself.

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by mike oxlong, Sep 4, 2008.

1. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

Daunte Culpepper made a huge mistake Thursday morning when he sat down, typed out his 508-word retirement announcement and e-mailed it to numerous media outlets, including the Star Tribune. It was the latest and probably last mistake he'll make while acting as his own agent.

Minneapolis Star Tribune

2. Mr. D

Mr. D WINNING!!

that's a better agent then Chad Ocho Cinco has :\

3. mike oxlong

uh, chad ocho cinco is still playing and making millions, I don't your statement holds water

4. MediaGuy

MediaGuy Ball So Hard University

Some players are smarter than others. Keyshawn did a good job in his final years to save a little coin. But smart business players are few and far between. Dante's phone will ring as soon as somebody goes down. I do agree that most players should leave the business side to those in the know and he would probably have a job right now. His stance to be a starter turned everybody off. A true negotiator would have found this man a paycheck that may have eventually maybe turn into a starting job somewhere. An agent would have made much more progress than a self centered player. It is not all about you Dante.

5. Mr. D

Mr. D WINNING!!

you don't your statement??

the difference, is at least Daunte's Agent isn't making him look like an idiot

the way Drew does to chad

and on another note

Chad still has a job because of the Bengals can't let him go lol

6. mike oxlong

Daunte's agent is definitely making him look like an idiot. In fact, when I think about Daunte Culpepper, I instantly think of how much of an idiot he is and it makes me laugh. He is broke, jobless and wrote his own retirement because of his own idiocy.

Ocho may look foolish, but Drew didn't make chad change his name, Chad changed his name all by himself. So, in effect, Chad's Agent didn't make him look foolish at all, Chad did that all by himself.

7. Mr. D

Mr. D WINNING!!

Chad's name Change isn't making him look foolish I'm talking about how Drew kept trying to get Chad to keep trying to get himself out of Cincinnati this Summer

8. mike oxlong

there is nothing that Drew has done that makes anyone look more foolish than what Daunte has done to himself this offseason and beyond, the guy is a joke to everyone and he can only blame himself, imo

9. Mr. D

Mr. D WINNING!!

I guess you dislike him as much as I do Drew and Mike Brown

10. mike oxlong

Everyone HATES drew, I couldn't name one person who doesn't, but Culpepper is king moron on the planet of fools.

11. Mr. D

Mr. D WINNING!!

I can name two

Chad and TO

12. mike oxlong

I said Person, not egomaniac

13. Mr. D

Mr. D WINNING!!

14. 86WARD

86WARD -

Players without agents screw themselves big time. Ask John Riggins. He was one of the best RB's of his time and in the prime of his career and he tried to work for himself and he wound up sitting out a year. Teams don't necessarily want to deal with a player who doesn't have an agent...

If Culpepper had an agent, he'd be on a team right now. As crapty as he's played in the past, he's still better than some of the trash these teams are putting out there. I mean, come on...Joey Harrington? McKown? He's been on three teams in 2 years...Culpepper is better than that...not much, but I'd rather have him than those other two...

15. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

If Culpuppy didn't gamble at GB to get a better offer there or elsewhere in the league, than he would have a job. Maybe an agent had told him to take the offer TT made to him, so we both are right......

16. lruddicks

lruddicks kcs redneck

he couldnt keep a job in oakland and they really suck.

17. blitzah

blitzah Starter

I think his decision to retire was a mistake and that he should be on one of those teams also. Its a shame, a few years ago he was playing so well and then after the injury and playing for another two teams in two years hes gone.

18. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

That's football business. If you are on top, but can't stay healthy, you're done.