Blue Jackets' Peca Suspended Indefinitely

Discussion in 'Hockey Talk' started by CP26, Oct 12, 2008.

1. CP26

CP26 Im Back Mofos

Columbus Blue Jackets centre Michael Peca has been suspended indefinitely by the NHL for making contact with an on-ice official.The team and league announced the suspension on Saturday. Peca was automatically suspended per Rule 41, Physical Abuse of Officials, Category 2.

Source: Sportsnet

2. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

What the hell has happened to Pecca? He used to be a class guy early in his career.

3. CP26

CP26 Im Back Mofos

Like In Buffalo. He was very good in Buffalo. Since they have all gone out (Satan And Peca).

4. BengalStripes

BengalStripes Did you get that Al?

My post from another thread:

Peca got a suspension from a bullcrap call on Friday night. Peca tripped when a Brendan Morrow swept out his leg. They called a misconduct penalty on him because he was pissed it was a non-call. Total BS, then right after, the game misconduct. I have a problem with the ref asserting that Peca grabbed his arm and that grabbing his arm qualifies as "applying physical force". Peca was wearing an 'A' and had a legitimate issue to discuss. That missed call could have cost the Jackets 2 points (and a playoff spot), the least the ref could do is have the balls to turn and face Peca to listen to his beef. I wonder what the punishment would be for Crosby, Ovechkin, or Iginla... I'm guessing not 10 games.

You tube video:

Pretty crappy quality but you can kinda see Peca skate toward the official and grab his arm.

BTW, it's at about the 1:15 mark of the video.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJf86cY_dQY]YouTube - Dallas Stars Score Goal During 5 on 3 Power Play[/ame]

I must conclude this is one of the lamest things I've seen from this league in a long time......other than the Blackhawks. :wave: