Chargers Need To Dump HC Norv Turner?

Discussion in 'San Diego Chargers' started by CP26, Dec 1, 2008.

1. CP26

CP26 Im Back Mofos

Two weeks ago, Norv Turner received a thumbs-up from general manager A.J. Smith and owner Dean Spanos. That was when the Chargers, playing in the anemic AFC West, were staring at three straight home games and a realistic shot of stumbling into the postseason. Now the Chargers, after three straight losses, are 4-8 and playing for a high draft pick.

Source: North County Times

2. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

They mine as well play for a high draft pick. That loss to Atlanta yesterday I think was the final dagger in their season.

3. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

That's three teams Norv Turner has destroyed now...

4. DaBearsrule4ever

The sad part is I bet Turner is back next year seeing he's got the vote of confidence from the team's GM and owner. Oh well, thats the Chargers problem, lol.

5. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Usually the "vote of confidence" means the coach is out as soon as the season is over.

6. DaBearsrule4ever

If Al Davis owned the Chargers, Norv Turner wouldn't have to worry about a vote of confidence because he'd be unemployed right now.

7. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Norv Turner already coached the Raiders. He was replaced by the legendary Art Shell :icon_cheesygrin:

8. DaBearsrule4ever

We all know how long Art Shell lasted after replacing Norv Turner, lol.

9. Darius Ali

Darius Ali 1st Stringer

As a Raider fan, I say let Norv stay in SD as long as he wants. Terrible HC. Just terrible.

10. WarEagle

WarEagle Team Veteran

I would say the Falcons got the better "Turner" from the Bolts in the off-season. ;)

11. Fish

Fish I'm glad I came!

And why he keeps getting hired is beyond me. To take a Super Bowl team from just 2 years ago to this dismal pathetic bunch of players is simply despicable. He SUCKS!

12. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

The thing is Turner is the best OC in the game. Its probobly not even close.

It just never translated to a HC position and it never will.

He is a playcaller, not a team manager

13. im just heckin disappointed in this team, they are playin with no heart whatsoever...

14. Jihad Joe

Turner trademark as a HC. Look at Oakland when he was there. Possibly one of the worst HCing stints in history

15. and the worst things is, Norv Turner is still the HC, if AJ Smith was as smart as he thinks he is Turner is gone at the end of this season. if you fire a 14-2 coach but not one that is 4-8 with a SB caliber team, your just a heckin idiot, i dont care how stacked the roster is.....

16. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Well, Norv achieved something that Marty couldn't do with the chargers: A play-off win :lol:

17. and yet for all he accomplished, its all bein washed away cause of this season, especially with the AFC wide open like it is....

18. Jihad Joe

Norv's biggest flaw as a HC is that he cannot handle a team in any kind of disaray

Altho Im still not happy with Phillips at all, Im glad we took him over Norv. We would have completely collapsed after the Cards and Rams loss

19. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Just keep doing what you're doing Norv...

:icon_lol:

20. bandi

bandi Hall Of Famer

I hope the Chargers keep him around forever. :icon_cheesygrin: