Mark Teixeira Signs With The Yankees

Discussion in 'Baseball Talk' started by Mike, Dec 23, 2008.

1. afjay

afjay Click. Clack.

I agree with you I just don't like seeing the Red Sox grouped in with them. Noone spends like the Yankees.

2. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

They never learn this is how they have been the last 10 years sign all these big names and then choke.

3. Garnett

Garnett Gritt Tuff

A lot of money to field a 2nd place team.

4. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

yea you can get mad at yankee fans if we dont win it all this year. but when the red sox have the same amount of world series rings you can come talk to me

5. afjay

afjay Click. Clack.

How many of them are in your lifetime? Those are the only ones you should talk about.

6. ball in the baskett

lol liveing in the past what a loser. Well my phillies are world champions snitch come talk to me when you win one in the new millennium. Last time i checked the redsox have a recent championship to while all yankee fans have is the past.

7. JPETERSON

JPETERSON Dr. Feelgood

This is the absolute lamest comeback in sports talk.
    It's right up there with the 'I know you are, but what am I'.
    I'm glad you guys have 26 or 28 rings. The only people that care about that are Yankees fans.
    Its really not that big of a deal.
    How many banners have the NJ/Brooklyn Nets raised? Celtics have 17. 20 conference titles, 26 division titles.
    Who cares?

8. signofvictory

signofvictory Go Cubs Go!!

"I know you are, but what am I" is awesome when you use the Peewee Herman voice with it, c'mon. It's not lame.

9. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Agreed... Honestly, I think they need to take the Tampa Bay Rays approach IF they want to get back to the World Series.

Yup, it's been since 2000 and counting.

10. Bears 88

Bears 88 FTW

Screwer couldn't sign with the Nationals? :ranting:

rofl

11. MediaGuy

MediaGuy Ball So Hard University

Mortage's are being foreclosed, cars are being repo'd, Big 3 automakers are sucking hind tit, stock market is in shambles yet the Evil Empire continues it's quest for baseball supremacy. All is well with the world.:icon_twisted:

12. Flaxe1

Flaxe1 1st Stringer

god **mn..as much as I'm against salary caps..c'mon..

13. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

The Yankees want to win. It's just too bad that nobody can tell them this is not the way to go.

14. dolphindude13

dolphindude13 Jack Of All Trades

Leave off the personal attacks or take it to the fight club.

15. ball in the baskett

My bad i just get really annoyed that all yankee fans use that excuse for there sucking so much.

16. Flaxe1

Flaxe1 1st Stringer

Every team wants to win, but only a fraction of the MLB teams can even TRY to compete with the Yankees financially. Maybe this is just my view as my Brewers lost CC to them and they can't bring anyone one.

But yes, I agree, this is not the way to go for this team. Great players, but the chemistry will be hard to come along, especially in the first year.

17. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

no no I dont talk about the ones only in my life time cause the franchise goes back many years not only in my lifetime end of story

18. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

he could have made $5million more by signing with the Nationals
    that proves he doesnt care about money :laughy32:

19. ball in the baskett

I dont blame him the nationals are horrible and woudent be that much better with him.

20. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

whats the real difference between the nationals and yankees
    neither of them are getting to the playoffs :D