The "I Just Watched This Movie" Thread.

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by DawkinsINT, Jul 22, 2007.

1. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

I saw "The Wrestler" last night. This movie has been hyped like there's no tomorrow so usually such films fall flat. This didn't. It's absolutely brilliant. It's the saddest and most depressing thing I've seen in a while. You keep rooting for something positive to happen to the protagonist, all the while knowing it never will. This movie is still bothering me 12 hours later. I want to watch it again, hoping for the Hollywood ending that I know isn't there. Micky Rourke is just perfect in this. I highly recommend this movie.

[​IMG]

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

I've only heard good things...

3. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

the article in espn the mag about it made it sound awesome as well

4. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

The Wrestler kicked butt... Rourke should win best actor for sure.

5. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

I just watched that movie to it was a good movie but i dont think wrestling is that bad anymore. Like they had the scenes with all the hardcore matches they rarely do that anymore.

6. exanimate

exanimate GO HERD!!!

Watched the Wrestler last night. Great damn movie. There are still HC matches going on like that in lower level promotions. The best part of the movie (aside from seeing Marisa Tomei naked), was when he was sitting there hawking his goods and he looked around at how pathetic everyone was sitting there.

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

Saw Seven Pounds last night. Good Movie but very slow in the beginning...

8. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

Since Rourke is essentially playing himself in the movie, an Oscar would be a perfect and well deserved ending to the story.

The VHS tapes pilled up high was pretty pathetic. The Nintendo scene did the same thing for me too. The kid couldn't have cared less while Randy was oblivious to what xbox was. A truly depressing life and a great freaking movie.

9. exanimate

exanimate GO HERD!!!

Hell yeah, the Nintendo scene was pretty depressing as well.

10. ronbart

ronbart Pro Bowler

comming up on the last 5 minutes of rambo: first blood part II.

i just love 80s movie where a bunch of crap gets blown up

11. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

It's good...somewhat disturbing but good.

12. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

Yeah, I agree with that. I posted this after I saw it a couple days later.

13. hermhater

hermhater Guest

In the middle of Pineapple Express right now.

This crap cracks me up.

14. orangeagent

orangeagent Your Worst Nightmare

You are obsessed. :crazy:

15. MmmBraaains

MmmBraaains Ginormis Seibu Lions Fan

Okay, that post turned into a mess. Best scenes from the movies of 08!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdpBeOToW-s"]YouTube - Joker and the Fake Batman -The Dark Knight Real Clip[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Q5lq9eL31g[/ame]

16. RAIDERH8ER

RAIDERH8ER Benched

Ugh...the day the earth stood still, which I could get my money back on that deal. But at least giants stadium was taken care off, too bad eli wasent in it at the time

17. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I caught the last 45 minutes or so of 24 Hour Party People on IFC tonight. It's about part of the music scene from Manchester in the 80's. I like Joy Division, New Order, The Happy Mondays, etc. I'm going to have to check out the entire film.

18. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Just saw all of the Bourne movies.

Sweet butt flicks.

19. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I watched Death Race earlier tonight. Don't go into it expecting it to be Mad Max. It's kind of entertaining in it's own right. Action, violence, hot chick, and plenty of Jason Statham's abs along with his nude rear end.

20. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

COUNT ME IN :eek:ther-twothumbsup: