MLB Channel Debuts January 1

Discussion in 'Baseball Talk' started by suedon70, Jan 1, 2009.

1. suedon70

suedon70 Sports Chica

It finally happened!

Major league baseball now has it's own channel!!! I heard just the other day that it was going to start January 1 - I turned it on this morning (Directv channel 213) and they're showing highlights until regular programming starts at 6:00PM :drinks:

2. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Just checked it out and they have Harold Reynolds on their staff. Thank God. He's probably the one baseball commentator I actually like.

3. suedon70

suedon70 Sports Chica

I liked him too when he was on ESPN - it was too bad what happened to him but glad he got a job with this network....

4. exanimate

exanimate GO HERD!!!

Between the MLB and NHL channel, I won't get crap done. MLB Tonight is going to be a great show.

5. AlexOvechkin

AlexOvechkin World Champions 2008!!!

I like that channel!! A gr8 addition! I watched the Hot Stove show, and they had some pretty good stuff... J-Roll was there too, talking about being World Champion!

6. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

yeah and they are showing the don larsen perfect game, interspersed with a sit down with yogi berra and don larson.

7. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I forgot this was starting today. I'll be cfreaking it out for sure.

8. JPETERSON

JPETERSON Dr. Feelgood

Reviews look good....I'm excited.
    Dont know if I even get it or not haha

9. dolphindude13

dolphindude13 Jack Of All Trades

I'm looking for it on Dish and don't see it. Anyone know what channel it is.

10. exanimate

exanimate GO HERD!!!

Isn't available on Dish Network. DirecTV is the main partner with MLB for this channel and Dtv made it available to most cable providers. No deal with Dish has been reached.

11. afjay

afjay Click. Clack.

I watched some of the Don Larsen Perfect Game, and they had the classic commercials. It was pretty cool. I think that's going to be awesome during baseball season.

12. MmmBraaains

MmmBraaains Ginormis Seibu Lions Fan

Spoiled!

We get one game a fortnight on HD. What I wouldn't give for MLB TV access.

13. dolphindude13

dolphindude13 Jack Of All Trades

Why am I not suprised....and I just re-upped with them for 2 more years to get an HD DVR.:fool:

14. mike oxlong

The Hot Stove is a good show for the most part. Harold Reynolds is awesome, but who in the hell hired Mitch Williams to be an analyst? I just wanted to punch the screen the whole time he was talking.

15. apocalypsehoboke

apocalypsehoboke Psych Ward Resident

I am tuning in sometime tonight for sure. Now I have the XM channel for the car and the MLB network for at home, sweet.....

16. exanimate

exanimate GO HERD!!!

Williams doesn't bother me that bad, but Leiter annoys the hell out of me.

17. mike oxlong

I freaking love this channel.