Cubs Agree With Bradley To $30M, 3-yr Deal

Discussion in 'Baseball Talk' started by Sportsguy, Jan 5, 2009.

1. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

The Chicago Cubs and free agent Milton Bradley reached a preliminary agreement Monday on a $30 million, three-year contract, according to a person familiar with the negotiations.The deal is subject to a physical scheduled for Thursday, the person said, speaking on condition of anonymity because the deal has not been finalized.

Source: Yahoo Sports

2. Bears 88

Bears 88 FTW

Watch every sports station have breaking news of him and Zambozo fighting. rofl

3. apocalypsehoboke

apocalypsehoboke Psych Ward Resident

I don't care for this deal, don't think the guy is worth Ten Million.

4. burnout2oo7

burnout2oo7 I Am Dawk's Broken Heart

Offensively he is worth 10 million, but he's a huge concern on defense. I don't know if he could hold up for a whole year playing the field. Good addition overall for the Cubs, but giving him three years was a bad move.

5. Sportsguy

too bad the nl doesnt have the DH. he could play there. cause I see him bein explosive with the bat. but in the field it will be a little different

6. Bears 88

Bears 88 FTW

He'll be on the DL at least twice.

This should be fun watching him, Zambozo and Piniella argue with umps. rofl

7. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Thats IF he doesn't tear a knee ligament running after the umpire first, lol.

8. Bears 88

Bears 88 FTW

Good point. I don't get this signing whatsoever.

9. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

I don't understand the signing and the Cubs overpaid for him.

10. LudeDude

LudeDude Starter

its all about getting some left handed bats for the cubs...I'm indifferent towards the signing.

11. lostfan

lostfan Starter

The guy can hit, but to be honest I don't know why the Cubs went after him. They must be planning to dump him after like a year?

12. Sportsguy

maybe there hoping this signing will get them to the world series. not sure if this signing will do that tho