Bengals Sign Free Agent DT Tank Johnson

Discussion in 'Cincinnati Bengals' started by mike oxlong, Apr 7, 2009.

1. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

Tackle Tank Johnson's agent said Tuesday he has reached a deal with the Bengals that gives them more depth along the defensive line. After playing backup nose tackle for the Cowboys the past two seasons, Johnson and the Bengals feel like he's a better fit in defensive coordinator Mike Zimmer's 4-3 scheme, particulalry as a pass rusher. Bengals head coach Marvin Lewis also likes the idea of Johnson's ability to penetrate for a defense that finished last season second-to-last in the NFL in sacks per pbutt.

Source: bengals.com

2. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Wow.. how ironic that he's signed by the Bengals. A team trying to get rid of trouble makers.

3. mike oxlong

i know, but he was quiet last year from what I remember

4. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

He had a near punch-up with Pacman on the sidelines in the Philly Week 17 game.

5. BigBuckeyeFan

BigBuckeyeFan Team Veteran

I think this is a good signing. Tank will be alot of help on our DLine

6. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

I don't know about alot of help, but he really seems like a good locker room guy when he has his head on straight, too bad he didn't produce better in Dallas. Should be a good depth player, Cinci is building a pretty vicious front 7. They have the young linebackers in place, now it just looks like they are adding depth. When Zimmer was here in Dallas and had the number 1 D, he brought in alot of different looks.

7. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

well, tank has been behaving fairly well recently but you just have to think that he'll get into more trouble in the future. risky move. how long was the contract?

8. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

I never liked him, and alway's thoght he got overhyped when he came to Dallas. He was an average starter in Chicago, and talked a great game game in Dallas.

I got "lol'd" when we signed him and I said Rat was better. To that I say lmao

9. InfinitePulse

InfinitePulse disgusted.

why do you have to think he'll get into more trouble?

i'm still mad the bears let him go... stood by him all that time just to let him go. it was just stupid.

10. mike oxlong

we agreed that he was better suited as a 4-3 DT than a 3-4 NT.

11. Jihad Joe

He is, and even then he is an average Starter, decent rotation guy

The thing that pissed me off about him is that he is more a fit as a NT than Ratliff is and still couldnt win the job. If he could play well enough to start, we could have Rat all around the line ala Justin Tuck

12. mike oxlong

i just think that he thinks he can survive on talent alone and his committment to his own game is just not there. If he was committed to being the best he could be, he would probably still be in chicago

13. Jihad Joe

You know how some guys are Preseason studs.......

Tank was a Training camp stud

14. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

LMAO! The perfect place for Tank, lol. How fitting that Tank Johnson and Cedric Benson are once again teammates.

15. mike oxlong

how is that fitting?

16. DaBearsrule4ever

The Bears got rid of both players because of one too many run ins with the law.

17. mike oxlong

I think they got rid of benson because he sucked balls

18. DaBearsrule4ever

That was part of it.

Now, back on topic: Can Tank stay out of trouble in Cincinnati? LOL

19. mike oxlong

I think he can. Like I said he has been quiet for the better part of the last 2 years now.

20. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

Leave Cedric out of this u buttholes! He's innocent I SWEAR!