Eagles WR Jeremy Maclin Showed Great Speed And Hands

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by 86WARD, May 12, 2009.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

The 6-foot, 198-pound Jeremy Maclin showed tremendous speed at the post-draft mini-camp. You might argue that it was without pads, which was true, but the freedom that wide receivers get after the initial five yards should mean that if Maclin can get into open space he should be able to get the ball. And the fact he showed great hands means that if he can get off the line of scrimmage that he should be able to haul the ball in once Donovan McNabb delivers it.

Source: PhiladelphiaEagles.com

2. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Hopefully we'll be saying the same thing after Week 1.

3. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

did anyone ever question his speed and hands? the most important part of this article is where they mention "if Maclin can get into open space" and "if he can get off the line of scrimmage"

EVERYONE has speed in the nfl. he won't be able to just use his speed at this level. his route running and ability to get open will decide whether Maclin is a success in the nfl or not.

4. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

Good point Capt.

Of course I'd prefer to be hearing that his speed was over rated and that he was dropping balls. :icon_lol:

5. CaptainStubing

yes, he played his college ball near where i live and i knew his speed and hands were not overrated. the biggest things for a guy going from college to the pros though is getting open. It takes certain smarts, instincts, and desire that are difficult to measure when a guy is in high school or college because the player is so much more athletically talented than everyone else at that level. he's now playing with guys as fast and strong as he is. we'll see what Maclin has 'inside'. we knew what he had on the 'outside'.

6. smeags

smeags militant geek

i dont see an issue for him at this level considering how much the rules play to the wideouts. defenses are going to have a hell of a time keeping with him, jackson, curtis & westbrook.

7. CaptainStubing

you are correct smeagle. i'm anxious to see jackson and maclin on the field at the same time if maclin pans out. they'll be fun to watch.

8. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

I cant wait to see all these guys together at training camp.

9. JBrett

JBrett Training Camp Body

The most important thing is this news is from PhiladelphiaEagles.com. They're notorious for posting "the glass is entirely full" type news. Take what you read there with a grain of salt.

10. chiefswin19games

chiefswin19games Don't be defeated.

The Eagles have a lot of guys that can move around well in space. I think Maclin will prove he's pretty good at that this year.