Eagles Unlikely To Re-Sign OT Jon Runyan

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by SRW, May 13, 2009.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

During a radio interview Eagles head coach Andy Reid said he spoke to Jon Runyan recently at a charity event, and that Runyan still wants to play, as a free agent coming off microfracture surgery, but "right now it doesn't look promising from our end." -- Meaning the Eagles don't really have a role for Runyan, unless Jon really wants to wind down his career sitting next to Winston Justice.

Source: Philadelphia Inquirer

2. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

...he's finally gone, wheew!

Much respect for the big guy. It was fun watching him and Strahan go at it for years.

3. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

No doubt. They both had stretches where they dominated the other. So many classic battles.

4. JBrett

JBrett Training Camp Body

Really, guys? I look back fondly on his time in Philly, but I feel like Strahan dominated him every time they lined up across from each other.

5. DawkinsINT

You're remembering like a Negadelphian then. Jon definitely won his share of battles.

6. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

He definitely did. Strahan got his, but I remember games where Big Jon shut him down.

7. DawkinsINT

Agreed. I think overall that Strahan got the better of Runyan, but there were a lot of times that Jon gave protection for plays downfield or holes for Westbrook to run through.

There are no stats that could ever measure how great their battles were. They were fun to watch for sure.