Fear Of Flying Why LB James Harrison Will Skip White House Visit

Discussion in 'Pittsburgh Steelers' started by dorotheajn, May 19, 2009.

1. dorotheajn

dorotheajn Special Teamer

Steelers linebacker James Harrison gave little reason for not wanting to join his teammates for their visit to the White House Thursday. A well-placed source, however, later revealed the real reason for Harrison's reluctance to make the trip: He has a fear of flying and is a "wreck" whenever he must take team flights.

Source: Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

2. smeags

smeags militant geek

*cough* bullcrap *cough*

3. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

:icon_lol: Oh James just shutup and get ready for next season, thats all that matters.

4. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

he already said it was because he felt it was forced as it's always the winner that meets the pres and not like the pres actually wants to meet the steelers. now this bullcrap excuse, freaking homo lol

5. smeags

smeags militant geek

he called obama a front runner. :laughy32:

6. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

This..................

7. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

he didnt have a problem going to the probowl and cashing in his bonus check

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

He doesn't have a problem going to eight away games and to the Super Bowl...lol...

Bullcrap story...

9. smeags

smeags militant geek

he was on camera when he gave his real reason.

10. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Unfortunately, the only time he needs to be on camera is game day, other then that he's just making comments that embarrass his fans.

11. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

so Harrison voted for Bush? :D

12. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Big time BS.

13. MediaGuy

MediaGuy Ball So Hard University

He should seek therapy and comfort from John Madden and Tony Kornhieser.

14. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Wasnt there an issue with Porter back in 2006?

15. Fricker 4

Fricker 4 Crabtree fall to 10

in 2006 harrison didnt go then either. But the thing is back then he was a nobody and he didnt talk bout it. The reason i think this is BS on his part, he is got paid for the first time in his career, and now he is acting like some big shot who isnt even best at his Position.

Jihad what you are referring to as far as Porter, is in 2006, Porter was planning on going to the white house and telling bush he was ruining this country and what not. But last minute when he arrived.. He decided against it, instead he just wore Sunglasses during the whole visit.

16. 86WARD

86WARD -

It's all blown out of proportion because of who Harrison is today compared to who he was in 2006. In 2006 he was irrelevant. In 2009 he's the DPOY and an All-Pro...now it's a "big deal." He's got every right in the world not to go. Is he missing out on something that 90% of the athletes in this world think is a big deal? Yeah. But to Harrison maybe it's not. Me personally, I think he should just shut up and go...but obviously he's made his choice and he's sticking with it. His loss.

17. smeags

smeags militant geek

it's a big deal because he's lying about his reason for not going after telling his true reason, on camera. this wasn't a quote taken put of context because he's a "star" ... he made his feelings known and he should've left it there as it would've been forgotten already.

18. whitehorse43

whitehorse43 Rookie

I don't understand why he can't just take some Ativan or Xanax and get on the plane. This reminds me of the "A-Team" where they had to inject some substance into Mr. T's character just to get him on a plane, LOL.