Falcons Owner Says Michael Vick Deserves A Second Chance

Discussion in 'Atlanta Falcons' started by mike oxlong, May 20, 2009.

1. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

2. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

:agreed:

3. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Everybody gets a second chance. Michael Vick should get one too.

4. unstable

unstable I need sex

It was wrong, but at least he didnt murder/rape/have 300 illegitimate children that he doesnt pay a dime towards child support

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

"He deserves a second chance...just not here in Atlanta..."

6. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

classic hypocrisy right there :icon_mrgreen:

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

"We gave him his first shot..."

8. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

there have been a few people come out and say, 'Vick deserves a 2nd chance'. I'm having a hard time coming up with an argument as to why Vick DOESN'T deserve a 2nd chance.

I mean, seriously, if Goodell is considering NOT letting Vick back in the league, what's his basis? The court of law gave him his debt to pay and he has paid it. He should now be able to get on with his life. If he screws up AGAIN somehow, then I could see banning him for life or an extended period but this incident is over as far as I'm concerned.

9. 86WARD

86WARD -

I could understand how the league might want to see him play it straight for a year or so.

I'd really like to see him go out on his own, through his own heart and donate his time and money to do good things for his community. I don't like the idea of him having to be approached to do something...I'd like to see him do it on his own...

10. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

He did his time in jail, now he should get a second chance

11. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

12. falcon_91

falcon_91 Pro Bowler

While i do want him to come back all Goodell has to do is look in his little rule book, find gambling and BAM he doesnt come back.

13. Fricker 4

Fricker 4 Crabtree fall to 10

Bench Matt Ryan!!! Do it! :p yea right

14. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

did you want the same thing when jamal lewis was released from prison?

15. 86WARD

86WARD -

Yeah...I think it's a good idea for all these types of players.

16. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

2nd chances is what it's all about... we all deserve a 2nd chance. Let's hope he does things right, he needs to kick his drug addiction that's for sure.

17. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

Looking at Brohm and Flynn, I wouldn't mind to give him a try.

18. AtlantaBlazer

AtlantaBlazer Knuckles The Echidna's Brother

Vick definitely deserves a second chance and I would LOVE for him to come back to Atlanta, if nothing more than a capable backup.

That said, I know he's not coming back here, and I hope he goes somewhere where he has a chance to start. For some reason I see Minnesota going after him if this whole Favre thing doesn't work out.