Joe Montana Award (May.09)

Discussion in 'Site News' started by SRW, May 28, 2009.

?

Who Should Win The Joe Montana Award This Month?

1. mike oxlong

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  2. SteveRobWhatever

15 vote(s)
    44.1%
  3. TJ

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Jihad Joe

3 vote(s)
    8.8%
  5. hermhater

5 vote(s)
    14.7%
  6. wide right

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. MikeTSZ

2 vote(s)
    5.9%
  8. 86WARD

8 vote(s)
    23.5%
  9. ryangaydos1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

[​IMG]Joe Montana Award
    This award is for the Most Valuable Poster for the month. The winner of this award has been recognized by their peers to be someone who's brought their "A" game to the site and who has brought both quantity and quality to the site.

Ok people, time to vote for the winner of this award. The voting thread will be open up until Sunday, May 31st @ 9:00pm PST.

2. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

3. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Jihad Joe!

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

SRW

The amount of time he's spending on the server issues...it's automatic.

5. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

(prepare for rant) ............. we need a separate award for the most intelligent/best contributor in the football forums. i always vote for 86Ward with this award because he is the most valuable poster when it comes to straight football talk. He keeps conversations going and is a good contributor in football talk. A lot of the guys nominated with this award every month don't contribute to conversations in the football forums and if I'm not mistaken, this IS a football conversation site, right? Quite honestly, there are some guys that have been nominated for this award that I've never seen in a football-related forum and therefore have never heard of ................

ok, rant over. i feel better. carry on.

wait a minute, my rant is NOT over ................. i just went and looked at all of the awards and we already HAVE separate awards for best moderator and best news reporter so THIS award, the Joe Montana award, SHOULD be the award for the most intelligent football poster/best contributor to the football conversations. I don't think Joe Montana himself would be frequenting forums that focus on toe fungus and smack talk. He would be talking about the game of football, which is what 86Ward brings to the site every day.

ok, now 'maybe' i'm done ranting. we'll see.

6. theeraser21

theeraser21 u r a slapdick

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

While I appreciate the support, the Montana Award is for the "site" which includes a lot of different things...

...it's not just a football forum/talk award...

But don't let that small detail make you stop voting for me...the votes are appreciated!!! :icon_lol:

8. theeraser21

theeraser21 u r a slapdick

so modest

9. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

well, then maybe i will go back to my original thought, which was 'there needs to be a separate award for valuable football conversation/football intelligence', because I would like to be able to recognize the guys that I appreciate in the football forums. And, with that, I would like to recognize my nominees for the Walter Camp award. And if you don't know who Walter Camp is, go on back to your toe fungus forum. The winner of this award should be the person who likes to talk about the game itself and contributes to meaningful, intelligent football related conversations at GIF (whether you agree with their opinions or not).

86Ward
    warcrychief
    hermhater
    theeraser
    bib
    crowned
    jj
    k train
    dawk
    inclulbus
    barl owens
    dorotheajn
    dabearsrule
    mj1987
    lionheart
    roy31
    ollysj
    nastynate
    MikeTSZ
    Cstevenson
    falcon 91

and I know there are more but that's all i could do right now. i'm sure if it were an actual award, people would come up with more that i missed.

10. Hypocycloids

Hypocycloids Casey Hampton's Girl!

11. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

:icon_rolleyes:

(I'm just making a Ward-like post, that apparently is MVP-worthy...that's all)

12. PurplePeopleEaters

PurplePeopleEaters moon over minnie!

lol.

steveroborwhatever.

13. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Steve-O!!!

14. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

(prepare for rebuttal rant)....... You've been at GIF 3 months, the 3 months after the season concluded. You don't even know what this place is like during the season. You haven't even met all the regulars around here. Even the examples you give of the ideal football poster are absolutely guilty of the nonfootball talk that you seem to despise. We are football first but also much more, like it or not. No single poster brings the "valuable football conversation/football intelligence" with every post with the possible exception of ChrisBob. But you seem to have left him off your little list. A quick glance of the Headlines section will find "ditto head" responses to almost every thread. People are comfortable with cliches and repeating what they hear on tv and radio. You, me, everyone. If you you want a better quality of conversation then set the example yourself. Nominate the one football poster that stands out to you in the nomination thread if you'd like, vote for that poster even. But a separate award is silly and you'll quickly realize that the board consists of all kinds of people, just like in life. Some good, some bad, some a little bit of both. It is what it is and there ain't nothing you can do to change that fact.

15. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

This should have been put in the Gridironfans Support thread not here in the voting for the Joe Montana Award.

People vote for who they like, or comfortable with that's a fact. some vote because the person is the same team fan as they are, right or wrong this is an uncensored site where you vote for whomever you want, people vote for themselves all the time, are they the best pick for whatever award they are up for, IMO, nope but as Wide Right says, it is what it is...

16. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

i agree with stubing to an extent, but some of those people who you put on that list of yours don't know diddly squat about football and it shows in their posts. I laugh at that list lol

17. bandi

bandi Hall Of Famer

I voted for hermhater, since I nominated him. :icon_cheesygrin:

18. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

SRW.

Talk about someone who has brought their "A" game in quality and quantity... he keeps up up to date on everything.... please, there is no other choice this month.

19. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

:icon_cool:

(I'll post like that all month so I can win MVP)

20. 86WARD

86WARD -

Because nobody else has used smiley faces or "lol" in their posts...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.