Steelers LB James Harrison's Son Released From Hospital

Discussion in 'Pittsburgh Steelers' started by mike oxlong, May 27, 2009.

1. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

Now that James Harrison III is up and walking, his father is seeking a way to avoid putting down the dog that bit the 2-year-old. Patron, the pit bull owned by Steelers linebacker James Harrison, became agitated when the toddler began crying last Wednesday at their Franklin Park home and bit the child. James III was released from Children's Hospital of UPMC and is now home.

Source: Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

Glad to hear that James III is alright...

3. Hypocycloids

Hypocycloids Casey Hampton's Girl!

Such ashame that this had to occur. I'm glad to hear that James' son is doing fine. Pit Bulls are a scary breed. My friends have one and they are very good to him and got him professionally trained and everything and he's still very confrontational to people he doesn't know well. It's kind of scary at times.

I'm glad that James Jr. is okay. :)

4. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Good to see he's making a swift recovery.

Not too sure what to do about the dog, but I don't think it should be around children again.

It needs to be permanently muzzled unless it's in a cage eating a meal.

5. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Pit Bulls are just like any other dog when brought up and trained right. All dogs bite, but too many people without the knowledge to train their animals take on dogs that need a lot of training. We had a neighbor who had a pit bull that was a total sweetheart but what makes them scary is that they have very powerful jaws, and they need to be totally socialized and not tied to a tree in the back yard with only a tire to be trained to bite. People need to realize you aren't doing the dog a favor by keeping him to himself, the dogs natural aggressiveness is toward other dogs and animals not people.