Donte Stallworth's Lawyer Replies To Jim Brown

Discussion in 'Cleveland Browns' started by SRW, Jun 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

After ProFootballTalk.com posted last night a blurb regarding Hall of Fame running back Jim Browns contention that marijuana was involved in the events leading to Browns receiver Donte Stallworths guilty plea for DUI manslaughter, we contacted Stallworths lawyer, David Cornwell, for a response. Heres what Cornwell - who addressed on Friday the criticism regarding Stallworths 30-day sentence - had to say: I have already said that we will address these matters privately and candidly with Commissioner Goodell. Jim Brown, with his self-serving assertions of relevance and street cred, and with his demonstrably inaccurate generalizations, just revealed his true colors. Dontes loving family is intimately involved in his life and they have been an invaluable pillar of support throughout this tragic ordeal.

Source: ProFootballTalk.com

2. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

Addressing them with The Commish isnt gonna stop Jim Brown from saying what he thinks.

3. hermhater

hermhater Guest

4. TheCommish

TheCommish Rookie

In all of that "lawyer speak" I didn't see a denial of Mr. Brown's accusations. H-m-m-m-m-m? I wonder why? I'm not sayin...I'm just sayin?

5. multibeast

multibeast Special Teamer

what lawyer uses the term 'street cred' when defending a client with a written statement? oh wait - a drunk driving murderer's

6. TheCommish

TheCommish Rookie

Can we now define "demonstrably inaccurate generalizations?" Mr. David Cornewell, Lier, err-r-r-r-r, Lawyer extraordinaire! Ah...yes we can. It was reported last night in the Florida newspaper, that Mr. Stallworth, INDEED had been smoking marijuana. As Prince once said in the intro to one of his songs, SHUT-UP ALREADY, DAMN!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.