Worst Trades Ever!

Discussion in 'Baseball Talk' started by apocalypsehoboke, Jun 24, 2009.

1. apocalypsehoboke

apocalypsehoboke Psych Ward Resident

What trade do you think is the worst in baseball history? Two come right off the top of my head.

Babe Ruth to the Yankees for
    $$$$$ to the Red Sox

AND....

Lou Brock to the Cards for
    Ernie Broglio to the Cubs

Broglio went on to go 7 - 19 in three years with the Cubbies....good job boys!

One current trade that is still pissing me off is Mark Derosa for minor league pitchers Jeff Stevens, Chris Archer, and John Gaub

Obviously, we have not seen what these prospects we got are going to do, but trading Derosa has seemed to severely disrupt the Cubs chemistry...

What do you think GIFer's?

2. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

If roy williams doesent show up better than last year than i would say the cowboys trade with the lions might be on the list.

3. The Manster

The Manster 1st Stringer

Not even close we gave up 2 #1's for Joey Galloway. As far as one sided you have to have the Hershel Walker trade up there.

4. ball in the baskett

Forgot about that one lol.

5. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

I believe since this is in the baseball forum the question pertains to wost baseball trades.

As a Mets fan I still can't get over Roger McDowell & Lenny Dykstra for Juan Screwin Samuel. :rolleyes:

6. ball in the baskett

oops dident notice

7. smeags

smeags militant geek

ryne sandberg and larry bowa for ivan dejesus :banghead:

8. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Adrian Gonzolez for whoever the Marlins traded him for.

9. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

hey idiots were talking baseball here, not football trades...

The Marlins traded him to Texas for Ugueth Urbina, then the following season he was traded from Texas with Chris Young for Adam Eaton and Akinori Otsuka... lol both terrible trades. Chris Young turned out 10x better than Adam Eaton ever was.

I always thought the Scott Kazmir deal was pretty crapty for the mets. They basically traded Kazmir for Victor Zambrano.

The Jays trading SS Michael Young to Texas for Esteban Loaiza turned out pretty bad for the jays. Young has hit over 200 basehits like every season almost.

or how about this deal...

Roberto Alomar and Joe Carter from san diego to toronto for Tony Fernandez and Fred McGriff. lol... that deal put the Jays over the top.

10. apocalypsehoboke

apocalypsehoboke Psych Ward Resident

And we all know what a great guy Urbina ended up being.

11. russian.tank

russian.tank BruceAlmighty2010

Joe Nathan, Francisco Liriano and Boof Bonser for AJ Pierzinski

12. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

:bash:

Yeah that one we don't like to talk about. Like a victim of abuse we try and erase the painful memory from our heads by repeating over and over that it never really happened.

13. Harvs01

Harvs01 Pro Bowler

I agree with Babe Ruth for cash, yhere's really no comparison

14. 86WARD

86WARD -

:ranting:

Winner...

15. 86WARD

86WARD -

How about the Orioles sending Curt Schilling, Steve Finley and (I forget who) to the Astros for Glenn Davis...

16. 86WARD

86WARD -

The New York Yankees trade outfielder Jay Buhner and prospects Rich Balabon and Troy Evers to the Seattle Mariners for first baseman Ken Phelps.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUwSxqnRW-8]YouTube - Seinfeld: Jay Buhner[/ame]

17. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

The manny to Dodgers, Bay to Boston, and LaRoche to Pittsburgh was pure freaking crap for the Pirates. LaRoche? go fly a kite!

18. 86WARD

86WARD -

Ozzie Smith to the Cardinals for Gary Templeton.

19. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

That deal basically sums up the last 15 years of the Pirates.

20. davematthews3

davematthews3 1st Stringer

Larry Anderson for Jeff Bagwell. Preston Wilson and two guys who never made it to triple A for Piazza.