The "I Just Watched This Movie" Thread.

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by DawkinsINT, Jul 22, 2007.

1. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

smart people - dennis quaid, sarah jessica parker, ellen page, had some witty moments, but overall a boring movie

2. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I watched Valkyrie tonight. Decent movie, but I found myself more interested in the special features segment "Valkyrie Legacy" documentary.

3. mike oxlong

Dawk, I saw that in the Theater and I was disappointed with it. It seemed disjointed in the presentation of it. I wouldn't mind seeing that bonus feature though.

4. BarlOwens

BarlOwens Rubicon Runner

Into the Wild.....Christopher Mccandless was a complete douchebag
    who deserved his fate, starving to death like the incompetent freaking c**t he was..retracting all his idealist bullcrap like the coward he was..unable to face the real world with all his advantages, running away and then clinging to the one piece of society he found in the middle of the wilderness..
    ....its great to spout off ideals when you don't actually prepare yourself to follow through with them....some genius....the way they glamorized his life was pathetic...

5. DawkinsINT

I know what you mean, Barl. I kind of felt the same way. I liked the movie though.

6. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

Valkryie was a fail, by all means. I love Tom Cruise and normally is awesome in anything he does, but this movie just wasn't very entertaining it lacked that suspense.

7. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

went and saw year one it was funny

8. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

Saw a greek film, called Hardcore (2004), about a couple of teenager prostitutes that do alot of drugs, commit some homicides, don't go to jail, heck their way out of poverty, it's a pretty cool little journey.

What led me to watch this was, after I finished watching the remake of the last house on the left I looked up what else the director had done and it was just one other movie and it was Hardcore. I gotta say I like this guy's work, aside from the pretty graphic rape scene in last house but it was vital for the movie to work. You can find this Hardcore movie on the net, I doubt it's on DVD anywhere. Good movie...

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

What movie should I watch tonight? it's raining out pretty good, and i'm all bunkered down haha.

9. orangeagent

orangeagent Your Worst Nightmare

:icon_eek: Get out of my head! I watched that the same night.

That doc was definitely interesting...I still thought the movie was pretty good, though. I was rooting for them even though I knew the outcome.

Watched Ghostbusters last night & was kinda depressed that I don't love it as much as when I was a kid. Bummer.

10. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

Ghostbusters is always fun to watch.

11. warcrychief

warcrychief Ur just da assistant Pimp

dude you didnt get it at all. sure he was a dumb heck 2 think he could live off the land on his own with out guidance. he was living his life how he saw fit.

12. DawkinsINT

I watched it through your window.

13. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

lol, were you on a rooftop with binoculars or did you just set a lawn chair down and sit right outside his window hahaa.

14. orangeagent

orangeagent Your Worst Nightmare

Color me surprised.

Was bored this morning so I watched Mixed Nuts, which turned out to be better than I'd expected given the reviews. Um, Liev Schrieber is still hot even in drag--which makes me feel weird.

Anyways, it's on my list of wholly inappropriate holiday movies to keep in mind when Christmas comes 'round.

15. nastynate184

watched kill bill vol 1 last night

16. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

just watched Hell Boy

17. mike oxlong

this weekend I saw

Outfoxed: Murdoch's War on Journalism - a documentary about rupert murdoch and basically how absolutely biased and ridiculous fox news is. It just furthered my belief that fox news is a joke and bill o reilly is a steaming pile of horse crap

darjeeling limited - decent but I just am not a fan of owen wilson. I liked the other two brothers and seeing the hotel chevalier beginning short was nice to have natalie portman showing some skin, but overall the self centeredness of the brothers kind of annoyed me. Some funny parts, but annoying ones too.

dutch - al bundy in a classic role. nothing special, but still a good funny movie

my cousin vinny - on right now. great movie, great acting, great script, funny, joe pesci and marisa tomei are awesome.

18. DawkinsINT

I re-watched a couple of movies today:

Bottle Rocket - I like the majority of Wes Anderson's films, this one included.

House Bunny - Not a great comedy by any means, but I think Anna Faris is funny and she oozes cuteness. And in this flick, hotness as well.

19. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

Darjeerling Limited made me say WTF after watching it, and I've also watched the short movie hotel chevalier which was probably the better of the 2.

I was going to watch Death To Smoochy on the tube but I got in too late, I'll probably end up downloading it. I caught a bit of it the other day and it looked good.

Sadly somehow I found time to watch House Bunny as well, a month or two ago. It wasn't anything special...

20. nastynate184

just got down watching doubt PSH turned in his usual strong performance