Surprise Team

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by mj1987us26, Jul 6, 2009.

1. cover the spread

cover the spread beastin'

seattle could return to playoff form too.

2. chiefswin19games

chiefswin19games Don't be defeated.

Just trying to be honest. I think we'll be improved as well.

3. dolphindude13

dolphindude13 Jack Of All Trades

Arizona
    Denver

Hey, you just said surprise teams, and these 2 might be horrible surprise's for their fans.

4. davematthews3

davematthews3 1st Stringer

I don't think anyone will be suprised if Denver is terrible.

5. dolphindude13

dolphindude13 Jack Of All Trades

If they finished below the Raiders that would be surprising.:laughy21:

6. davematthews3

Really? I think the raiders are even better then them at this point.

7. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

I dont know its hard to be below the raiders.

8. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

i think people will be surprised when the patriots are not as good as advertised

and i think the lions will surprise people when they win 8 or so games and stafford is ROY the year....this team will compete this year and no one is gonna wanna play them cause its a hungry team and no one wants to be that team to lose to them first

9. Jupap7

Jupap7 Eternal Rookie

NFC : Seahawks, Bears
    AFC : Browns (No explanations, will be surprise)

10. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

If Houston doesn't get off to a slow start, I see them suprising a lot of people in 2009.

For some reason, I don't know why but I think Seattle returns to playoff form as well.

Also, if San Francisco can build off of what they did the last half of 2008 when Singletary took over and avoid a slow start to the 2009 season, I can see them sneaking up on some people too.

11. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

Not sure how Houston would be a surprise. They've been right on the brink for a couple years now. Last year the surprises were two teams expected to be horrid. Who here expects the Texans to be horrid?
    I'd say the Chiefs would be the surprise team because they are admittedly rebuilding right now and were not good last year. Talk about a tough schedule? The Fins had to play the Pats and Jets twice last year.....The Falcons had to play the Saints and Bucs and Panthers.....part of being a surprise team would be surviving a tough schedule.

12. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

Doug is right, Houston isnt coming out of nowhere this year
    people expect them to be good, granted Schaub has to be healty

13. 86WARD

86WARD -

I could see Oakland win the AFC West...but I think KC takes it.

14. 86WARD

86WARD -

I think they could squeak out 9-10 wins and that could be enough to take the AFC West...they definitely have to win the last 5 in a row...lol...

However, I'm not as confident today as I was a few months ago...now that TG is gone...

15. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

No way the chargers are gonna win it but weird things happend before it would just be weird.

16. 86WARD

86WARD -

You mean the No way the Chargers won't win it? That's why I am picking KC...stranger crap has happened...lol. I have very little logic to picking KC. Would I put money on them? probably not. If I were betting, I'd go with the Bears and Bengals.

17. TexanDynasty

TexanDynasty Rookie

I agree with ya'll except the seahawks. The Texans are epected to make the playoffs.

I gotta go with the Bengals and the Chiefs; what looks like a tuff schedule today doesn't mean anything.

18. davematthews3

We are by no means a lock for the playoffs when we are the third best team in divison at best.

19. RonMexico7

RonMexico7 Pro Bowler

Chiefs and Niners. Both promising young teams.