Chargers LB Shawne Merriman Not Worried About His Deal

Discussion in 'San Diego Chargers' started by Mike, Jul 7, 2009.

1. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

In a clear sign that NFL owners are going to use the leverage of a possible uncapped 2010 season against players in negotiations, only three first-round picks from the 2005 NFL draft have signed contract extensions with their initial franchise so far. The agents for Merriman, Edwards and White are among several who have expressed interest in doing long-term contracts, but have gotten little response from teams. For Merrimans part, he is taking the situation in stride. I just turned 25 man, I dont care about any of that stuff. I can do this all day! Merriman wrote in an email. I just feel like all my work will pay off one day and somebody is going to realize what I bring and give me what I want.

Source: Yahoo Sports.com

2. Jupap7

Jupap7 Eternal Rookie

Don't worry for him, just has to stay heatly ....

3. davematthews3

davematthews3 1st Stringer

IF he returns to form he has no worries. Someone will pay him.

4. Harvs01

Harvs01 Pro Bowler

He'll make alot of money somewhere, I'm sure he's gonna be just as dominant as before

5. The Manster

The Manster 1st Stringer

He will make his money he just might have to wait an extra year to do so.

Since Ware and Merriman will always be linked with each other I wonder if one signs then the other would sign soon after.

6. warcrychief

warcrychief Ur just da assistant Pimp

he is a monster. he should get a monster of a deal. like Albert Hansworth type of money.