NFL Says They Won't Allow In-Game Tweeting

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by SRW, Jul 9, 2009.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Mike Florio of ProFootballTalk.com is reporting that the NFL will not allow in-game tweets by players. NFL spokesman Greg Aiello sent an email to Florio where he states the NFL's stance: "We already have a rule that prohibits the use of cell phones or other handheld devices in the bench area during games," Aiello wrote. Bengals wide receiver Chad Ochocino announced earlier in the week that he will be tweeting updates to his account during NFL games this year.

Source: ProFootballTalk.com

2. davematthews3

davematthews3 1st Stringer

As soon as they find a way to regulate it it will be allowed and we will have sponsered twitter updates.

3. BmoreDavy

BmoreDavy Special Creamer

i was really hoping that i could trash talk 85 during games

4. MediaGuy

MediaGuy Ball So Hard University

Concentrate on The Game. It that too much to ask for?

5. Flacco2MasonTD

Flacco2MasonTD ಠ_ಠ

For Chad Ochocinco - yes. He shouldn't have said anything and just done it instead of going for the flagrant self-promotion of announcing it, maybe next he'll hold a contest on his website for a fan to be his personal towl boy for a game (if he actually does that, you heard it here first).

6. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

He would have been hit with that fine even without saying a word. Cell phones and electronic hand held devices near the benches have been banned for quite some time.

It's unreal to me that so many people think a new rule was instated that was anti-Chad tweeting.

7. Harvs01

Harvs01 Pro Bowler

^^^^THIS

8. hermhater

hermhater Guest

I was hoping he was gonna try and cheat and use it anyway...

9. MediaGuy

MediaGuy Ball So Hard University

Stupid is stupid does.

10. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

I don't think players should tweeting during gaames. However, does Goodell really need to put a damper on it?

11. Harvs01

Harvs01 Pro Bowler

cell phones have video camers....I can't believe I just brought that up...lol...let the onslaught begin.

12. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

So, who will be the first player to get fined for tweeting during a game? LOL! There will be atleast one player that won't care what Goodell says and does it anyway.

13. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

No harm in it, either way, who cares? really?

14. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

There are lots of 2nd and 3rd string players with twitter accounts. One of them could get away with it and no one would notice. It's the twitteraholics like OchoCinco, TO, ShawnMerriman, Jay Feeley, Lendale White, Nick Barnett, etc that will want to do it and get caught.

15. TheCommish

TheCommish Rookie

Yes Goodell needs to put a damper on it. The only reason we need laws is because people are too stupid to govern themselves.

16. Platoon 86

Platoon 86 Loony

:applausec:

Chad's just not the smartest fellow, he's showcased that quite a number of times, lol. I'm not surprised the NFL showcased their disapproval about it.