Fedor Finalizing Deal With UFC

Discussion in 'Boxing/MMA Talk' started by Crunkbuc4d1, Jul 29, 2009.

1. Crunkbuc4d1

Crunkbuc4d1 Sweets' Man Slave

Source

2. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Will he fight Brock right off the bat?

3. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

Fedor vs Lesnar
    its gonna happen soon.

4. MadMoxxiFavGun

MadMoxxiFavGun Going Crazy

I think Fedor will end up fighting Mir first than Lesnar.

5. Crunkbuc4d1

I really dont think the deal will happen. Dana WHite has to agree to co-promotional events with M-1 if he wants Fedor. ANd M-1 is also talking to Strikeforce about Fedor.

If UFC does get a deal done, Fedor's first fight is with Brock.

6. hermhater

hermhater Guest

That's what I figured.

Fedor's already beaten everyone from UFC.

7. Clown Hunter

Clown Hunter I am Justin Credible

Finally! Get this thing done.

8. PSID412USM

PSID412USM Pro Bowler

I think Fenor has a debut if he wins that then he hopefully beat up Brock

9. Crunkbuc4d1

I'm not sure he can beat Brock. Brock is so mch bigger than every other fighter out there, all he has to do is lay on top of his opponent nad bench slap 'em until they tap or the ref stops the fight. Fedor's only chance of winning woud be to attack Brock's legs early and try to wear Brock down until he can git a tapout.

10. hermhater

hermhater Guest

It's the same thing with Brock as it was with Tim Sylvia when he was champ.

He's not a very good fighter, it just took time for fighters to figure out how to beat him.

Granted Brock is a much better athlete than Sylvia, and has the college wrestling background, but those are his only real strengths besides his massiveness.

11. Garnett

Garnett Gritt Tuff

I've read bad reports about this deal for a few days. The initial rumor was Fedor turned down a $30 million 6 fight contract. That was reported by a few sources. The latest report is that offer wasn't close to that BUT the hang up is the co-promotion M1 Global wants to do. M1 Global is on the verge of extinction and needs the UFC to help it's name. The UFC would gain nothing by co-promoting with M1. I'm usually 1 of the first to bash Dana and the UFC (rightfully so often times) but if this deal doesn't go thru, it's on Fedor and his horrible management team. Even Fedor's brother (Aleks) said Fedor's management isn't operating out of Fedor's best interest but their own for M1 global.

12. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Once the UFC is the only organization left Dana will hold the entire sport in his hand.

Dammit.

13. Garnett

Garnett Gritt Tuff

This is true, but Fedor's management is f'ing up a good deal from what I've read. One rumor is that Dana even relented to let Fedor wear his M1 gear to and from the ring, compete in the sambo tournaments he lifes etc. We'll see hwat happens, but as usual, I don't see anything happening with the UFC and Fedor.

The latest rumor is revolving around resigning Tito.

14. hermhater

hermhater Guest

I heard about the Tito rumor as well.

Not sure I believe it though with all the bad blood.

What weight class would he fight in?

Machida already owned him.

15. Garnett

Garnett Gritt Tuff

Dana White Press Conference updates

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://fiveouncesofpain.com/2009/07/...-live-updates/

*Dana says the UFC has tried everything to sign Fedor.

*They offered everything outside of co-promotion.

*Dana promises Fedor will not be offered a better contract anywhere.

*White says he doesn?t want to answer any Fedor questions.

*Vitor Belfort has been signed.

*Rich Franklin vs. Vitor Belfort headlining UFC 103

*Dan Henderson in definitely next in line to challenge Anderson Silva

*The UFC has signed a deal with ESPN for their events to be broadcast in the UK; effective UFC 101

*Tito is in the house??

*Tito is back!! Dana says he will retire with the UFC

*Paul Daley, Rafael Oliveira, Mark Hominick, Ben Rothwell, Chase Gormley, Dan Lauzon and others have been signed.

*Tito Ortiz vs Mark Coleman possible for Tito?s return

*Belfort vs. Franklin at 205 pounds

*Dana says the UFC has never had as much interest from major television companies as he does now.

*Title bout between Silva and Henderson could happen very soon depending on how Silva does in upcoming bout with Forrest Griffin.

16. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Interest from the big networks?

Hmm...

Some other good points in there, the Fedor thing really isn't surprising anymore.

I've been waiting for him to fight in the UFC for so long, I don't think it's every gonna happen.

17. Garnett

Garnett Gritt Tuff

Fedor will never come to the UFC and it's solely Fedor's fault at this point in time.

18. cesar26

cesar26 Starter

Unless dana releases the anaconda choke hes got on mma and does a co-promotion theres no way fedor comes to ufc. Fedor owns about 20% of M-1 so it be dumb for him to fight in ufc with out co-pro.

19. hermhater

hermhater Guest

I really wanted to see him and Barnett go at it too.

Dammit.

20. CP26

CP26 Im Back Mofos

I honnestly Dont think Fedor Weill sign With the UFC. He Will Probably Go To Dream.