Anyone From GIF Going To Wembley NFL Game?

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by Noxia, Jul 31, 2009.

1. Noxia

Noxia Rookie

Going to the game at Wembley this October? If so where are you sitting, I'm sat in BK 207

2. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Ridin' Burgundy is probably going.

Haven't seen him much since the server move though.

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

There could be quite a few...I think people were talking about this in another thread...

4. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Who are the others?

5. Noxia

Noxia Rookie

I did do a search before posting but the threads last post was 2008.

6. hermhater

hermhater Guest

7. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

Potentially, Lord Joe and Packer Boy... there's more though.

8. Noxia

Noxia Rookie

If the Giants came to Wembley would you make the trip SoDev?

9. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

For the third year running I'm going.

10. packerboy

packerboy Bugger off

I'm going, not sure where I'm sitting, my dad got me the tickets as a birthday thing

11. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

:icon_rolleyes:

12. SoDev

They did 2 years ago. I'd love to, but couldn't justify spending that kind of money to make it happen.

Hell, I'm twisted on whether or not to go see the Giants at Giants Stadium this year.

13. Chrisbob

Chrisbob Fuck Dallas

Nope. My wife is due to pop our 3rd that weekend. As a Brit, I'm actually not a massive fan of the Wembley games.

14. Noxia

Noxia Rookie

I see where you're coming from Chrisbob, I don't think you can beat the true American experience of going to one "over there". I will do it but as I intend to go to Tampa Bay/Miami for my first visit I'm pretty limited on who I can see.

15. SoDev

Congrats man.

What do you mean by "not massive fan of the Wembley games"? Is it just American football at Wembley, or anything at Wembley? I'm just curious.

16. packerboy

packerboy Bugger off

Wembley is a nice stadium, but it's not really cut out for contact sports, the turf gets cut up to heck. It's also outrageously expensive for food.

17. Chrisbob

Chrisbob Fuck Dallas

I mean the actual idea of the NFL playing games over here.

1, Wembley is a horrible place to get to, when they decided to rebuild or build a new national stadium it's the last place it should have been built at. It should have been built just outside of London and had dedicated transport links by road, rail and bus. I worked round the Wembley area for a couple of months in 2006 the traffic is horrendous!

2, As a neutral, where would I rather see Tampa Bay play? In expensive, overcrowded, rip off, bad weather London or in sunny Tampa, getting the whole travelling experience with it. Same for most of the other teams that come over.

I want to see the NFL take global fans seriously, but I don't actually think this is the way to do it.

18. SoDev

I gotcha, thanks for explaining.

19. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

ok, out of curiousity, how many of you on this thread that have gone or are going to a UK game are actually Americans traveling over there or are American citizens living in Europe? Just curious.

20. falcon_91

falcon_91 Pro Bowler

I'm going..will be a shame to miss the falcons to watch a blow out but everythings paid for now

probably my only chance to ever watch Brady and/or Moss so might aswell take it

Would give it all up id i could secure tixs for Falcons @ Giants in november though! gutted that i will be NYC the same weekend but couldn't get a ticket :(