Rams FS Oshiomogho Atogwe Eager To Take On Bigger Role

Discussion in 'St. Louis Rams' started by 86WARD, Aug 6, 2009.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

Free safety Oshiomogho Atogwe handled being designated as the St. Louis Rams' franchise player much differently than a lot of other players who have been hit with that dreaded tag. Instead of skipping team activities such as minicamps and Organized Team Activities, Atogwe participated even though he was technically not under contract. And, instead of holding out of training camp, Atogwe signed the $6.3 million franchise tender, and reported on time. "I believe, as I have been taught, that having a reputation of good character is worth more than wealth or riches and chasing after money,'' Atogwe said. "If I was going to be a part of this team this year, it was important, imperative that I was here through the offseason just to show my teammates that I am committed to them, and I am committed to what we have going on. "Regardless of my contract situation, I am committed to what the team is doing and what Coach Spags (Steve Spagnuolo) is doing.''

Source: Belleville News Democrat

2. epinesett

epinesett Special Teamer

I love and Respect players like that! I'm getting tired of players having one or two good seasons and start requesting the Big bucks, because normally after they get it they fall off and their production drops, so I'm happy to see someone actually have Love for the game (Fitzgerald is another player I respect, because he was willing to take a pay cut to keep Anquan Boldin on the team)