Darrius Heyward Bey

Discussion in 'Oakland Raiders' started by Androidraider24, Aug 6, 2009.

1. Androidraider24

Androidraider24 Team Veteran

I like Maclin too, but I understand on the reason why they passed on him. We have Higgins our team that is in the same build and played pretty well on special team and WR towards the end of the season, we didnt have have a guy that could strech the field like DHB.

2. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

I know what I read from your local newspapers, but I'm not a scout. You obviously are, my bad. Give the crypt keeper my regards.

Just like every other blind loyalist raiders fan, trying to excuse a bad pick any way you can. DHB will be lucky to catch 30 balls this year. Mark it down, android.

I'm sure you have all the Terrapins game on DVR to scrutinize DHB's amazing wonderment. We should all bow down to the greatness that is stonehands himself. Watch as he blazes by defensive backs with fists made of cinder blocks.

3. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

mike that line is classic!

4. Androidraider24

Androidraider24 Team Veteran

Come on. Just like everyone else out there you wont give the guy any credit when its due. Im sure if he catches 30 or more balls this year you wont be anywhere to found.

Try using some common sense. A rookie WR who is in his 10th or so PRO practice and he is a bust ?

Since you have a crytal ball what can I get the lottery numbers ?

5. mike oxlong

I give credit where it's due. I call him a bust because he is nothing but straight line speed. He is a terrible route runner and has always been inconsistent at best and does not have good hands. It's been his MO. You don't draft a guy like that #7 overall. You just don't

If I am wrong and he catches more than 30, and it has to be significantly more than 30 for it to mean something then I will be on here to say I was wrong, it wouldn't be the first or last time I was wrong, but I know that I am more often right than I am wrong. No one is right 100% of the time, but from what I have seen from him, I see nothing but straight line speed and not much else.

Your best receivers are schillens and miller, although I am hearing good things about Louis Murphy who I think can definitely be a better pro than DHB.

6. KingJordan

KingJordan Starter

Who cares if he can play? He's freaking fast!

7. mike oxlong

Al Davis has signed up at GIF, his screen name is KingJordan

8. hermhater

hermhater Guest

:Loco:

9. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

mike oxlong fails at sarcasm.

10. mike oxlong

what's sarcasm?

11. KingJordan

KingJordan Starter

I don't know either. Is it fast?

12. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

DHB can be a good WR in the NFL, it all depends on who his position coach is.

I dont think he is talented enough to be great, but I think he can be Darnay Scott

To me he is either Troy Williamson or Darnay Scott.

I think his absolute best is Michael Haynes

13. Daddy Primetime42

Daddy Primetime42 TheNationWillRiseAgain

All Speculation you do not know what DHB is going to do in the NFL. Stop it nostradamus. Crap I wish my Ego was that large that I would stop reading what people say and start my own column where im always right. Megatron only caught 48 his rookie season, Braylon edwards 32. So it wont be a big deal if DHB doesnt catch as many as 20 balls. You cant consider a rookie a bust when hes contributing atleast something. Your just hating cuz DHB is a Raider. If the Giants would selected him nobody would even be talking about him. Its not where you go in the draftits all about panning out and being part of a scheme. The raiders have alot of young receivers who can emerge as a 1 receiver. Chaz,JLH,Holland, crap even Mcfadden is lining up at receiver. We all know DHB has aways to go, so there is no reason to call him a bust. the bust is across the bay if he sits out the season.

14. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

He's not sitting out, enjoy your number 7 pick.

15. 86WARD

86WARD -

DHB was taken too early...that's the bottom line and the Raiders should've gone elsewhere with the pick. He's fast downfield and that's great but Mike Wallace is faster and Wallace can run routes. DHB can't catch...he never could.

Louis Murphy is outperforming DHB in camp and he was selected in round 4...

16. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

IMO, DHB is just like JaMarcus Russell. A big bust.

17. Daddy Primetime42

Maybe not But holding out isnt doing the niners or himself any good. BUST is written all over it. I figure i use the word bust since it so freely thrown around here.

18. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

JaMarcus Russell held out so by your math, he's a Bust also?

19. Daddy Primetime42

Wow thanx for the great insight. Cant be a bigger bust than T.O. with the cowboys, or Pacman Jones. Take your pick. How Many playoff wins did they bring to big D. I think the Raiders have won more playoff games in the last ten years.

20. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Playoff losses are attributed more to Romo imploding than to T.O or Pacman.