Eagles Sign QB Michael Vick To A Two-Year Deal

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by 86WARD, Aug 13, 2009.

1. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

I saw a hotdog for $6.25 lol thats ridiculous i could buy a pack of hotdogs and buns for less.

2. Garnett

Garnett Gritt Tuff

I'm surprised the Eagles too him, but they have a very stable organizational structure. There won't be a downside on the field provided McNabb is healthy all year. The potential upside could be pretty good IF Vick is in shape and smart enough to pick up the nuances of being a gadget player.

The public relations aspect is what will hurt. Andy Reid has handled many media and pr issues before. They will probably go about this as professionally as possible. If Vick doesn't make it, it will be due to his play on the field imo.

3. ball in the baskett

about to watch andys press conference about vick

4. MediaGuy

MediaGuy Ball So Hard University

What channel?

5. ball in the baskett

Home Page - Philadelphia Eagles

ealges website

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

chad johnsons twitter on vick

Mike Vick and McNabb on the same team, damn!!!!!! Glad I don't play defense, good luck game planning to stop that shh!!

Shaq-Lebron Vick-McNabb that shhh is awesome , i know where I am spending my bye week, I am acting like a groupie, I am going to the game.

:icon_cheesygrin:

Andy reid said donovan mcnabb was involved and talked to about this woooo he wont be mad

6. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

im sure andy never lied.........i think vick helped out andy's kids in the clinker and reid owes vick now

7. ball in the baskett

Well im sure donovan will talk about it and we will sure find out but according to reid he said he discussed it with donovan

8. Stokes

Stokes Rookie

Good move for Philly, bad move for Vick. He should of gone to the Niners, Rams, Vikings or something. I don't think he is what he used to be, but he would be a huge improvement at QB for some of the teams in the league. Nobody expects him to be in the shape he used to be, but I reckon he could easily get back on form with some hard work. It's two years not twenty.

9. ball in the baskett

Yup he will be out for a couple weeks anyway it will be time to hit the weights

10. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

Umm, congrats or something. I'd have preferred the Skins, but ok.

11. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

totally agree dude

12. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

And its started

13. 86WARD

86WARD -

It's a great move for Vick. He's not going to start on any of those teams either. Not this year. He's been out of the NFL for two seasons...which is almost the same as "twenty." Three years out of the league and the guy would have no chance at coming back. He can't just comeback and start in this league. No way.

He's going to one of the better organizations in the NFL and that's what he needs. He needs structure and the Eagles give that to him. It's a better move for Vick than the Eagles.

14. warcrychief

warcrychief Ur just da assistant Pimp

how knows...maybe thats why philly did this. it would be the first time a team takes another player away from a division rival.

15. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

some people are just flaming and baiting, but who knows why, only baskett is making too much of it and who didn't see that coming. I see no need to bait or flame. Like I said, this move can only help the team, and I don't see it hurting the team. I wouldn't have done it personally, but Reid has proven to be a great coach in this league and I have to back his decision as most of his decisions have been the correct ones.

16. Stokes

Stokes Rookie

I agree that Vick isn't going to be what he was. But I'm gonna wait until I see him play again before I judge whether he can start over a player like Shaun Hill, Tavaris Jackson or Marc Bulger. Sure maybe a QB of a lower standard that had been out for two years would struggle, but Vick was an outstanding player not an average player. Either way it is gonna take some serious work to get close to the level he used to be at.

17. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

dude was an outstanding scrambler, he was an average passer at best and that's being complimentary.

18. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Vick has always and always will be a below average QB. His only game was his legs and who knows how much he has lost.

19. ball in the baskett

Mcnabb is speaking now says he is 100% behind vick and glad he gets a second chance and the nfl family will embrace him.

love it!!!

Mcnabbs interview is interesting he compare vick signing to TO that he came with baggage but on the field showed his talent.

Mcnabb also said it would be great to get vick in as QB for 5 to 8 plays a game ......interesting

mcnabb said he lobbied to get vick came right out of his mouth so for you haters mcnabb wanted this to happen

Mcnabb/vick are gonna be awesome together

20. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Let me be the second eagles fan to overreact to this then...
    I am FREAKING DISGUSTED!!!!!!!!!!! Vick is freaking human garbage. I really don't want him in the league and I CERTAINLY don't want him on the Eagles.... I don't give a heck if his signing came with a guaranteed Lombardi... I still don't want him on my team. He's despicable and I HATE the Lurie/Banner/Reid trio for sullying my beloved Eagles with this filth.